|Theresa Pizzuto had surgery on her right hand last Wednesday. She says the surgery went well, but she must wait three weeks from surgery before beginning physical therapy. She still has a long road ahead for recovery.
Theresa appreciates all words of encouragement and any offers of help. Until Theresa recovers, please be patient if produce and other items aren’t restocked as usual.
Happy Cow has local apples for order
They are grown in North Carolina so they are local, but not organic. If you would like to order apples, please order with the regular Happy Cow order. Available varieties are: Gala, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Honeycrisp.
COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
As you know, the cases of COVID-19 have been increasing in our area. We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with healthy foods and products to the best of our ability in order to help us all support our nutrition and immune systems.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Gluten Free Apple Crisp at the bottom of this email
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Bulk oatmeal, lots of nuts; walnut halves and pieces, Bee Harmony Orange blossom honey; LR Rice local hive honey; Vdovichenko Farms sourwood honey, Good Culture cottage cheese, Happy Cow cheeses & butter; local eggs; GTS kombucha (original, gingerade, cosmic cranberry), Health Ade Kombucha (bubbly rose); Sky Valley Korean BBQ Sauce
- Gluten-Free: Ocean’s Halo no soy soy sauce, CauliPower pizza crust; iViva frozen cauliflower grain-free tortillas.
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – new knit caps and scarfs!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: UT support & Hairball treats, Homeopet nose relief, Castor & Pollux beef bone broth, Wellness gravies
- Supplements: Garlinase, Air-Power, Gaia Echinacea Supreme, Olive leaf, Oil of Oregano & CALM ASAP
- Local Produce: from Happy Cow delivered 10/12: local apples, not organic (Gala, Golden Delicous, Granny Smith)
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, October 17
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto