Saturday Hours: Our Saturday hours will be changing effective the first Saturday in October (10/7). We will be opening one hour later, at 11:00am. We will be closing at the same time 4:00pm. So we’ll be open 11:00am to 4:00pm.
Reminder: Weather-related Store Closing Policy
The Co-op will be closed during weather conditions that make it unsafe for managers and members to travel to and from the Co-op (snow, ice, hurricane, etc.). We will usually be closed if the local schools are closed and may be closed at other times as well. The Co-op management will make every effort to communicate in a timely manner about store closings, however members are asked to call ahead to the Co-op before coming out if they think the weather conditions may cause the Co-op to be closed.
Help Wanted: The Co-op is in need of a Happy Cow pick Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
AT&T Phone Update: Our new phone line and Internet access are up and running and our FAX line is no longer operational. **Please note that with the new line if the phone is in use there is now a voicemail option rather than a busy signal.
UPCOMING ORDER DEADLINES & DELIVERIES
- Pure Essence: An order was delivered last Monday and will be delivered this week.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: An order will be placed Monday, Sept. 18th for delivery on Thursday, September 21st..
- Frontier Herbs: September’s fourth Friday deadline will be Friday the 22nd.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, September 11th. The next order deadline will be Saturday, September 16th for delivery on Monday, September 18th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline will be today, Monday, September 11th.The next delivery will be available on Thursday, September 20th. The following deadline will be Monday, September 25th.
- Gift Idea! Himalania Brand Himalayan Pink Rock Salt in a 7oz glass jar with a small grater included. Now on sale for $3.93 each.
- Wildbrine Brussel Kraut
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Bubbies Bread & Butter pickles
- Split Creek Fudge
- Split Creek Feta cheese in oil
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Recently Restocked Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Doll clothes by Meg–prices vary
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order..
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
An order will be placed next Monday , September 18th. Place any special requests for that.
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have placed an order and it arrived Friday, August 11th. A good supply in the freezer!
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
We are trying to determine which pet foods to stock. If you have a preference for pet food you would like to purchase through the co-op, please call (864-506-4345) Frances Chamberlain with your requests.
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to all seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on September 16th.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Sweet Potato Bake
2 TBS avocado or coconut oil
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 medium red onion, large dices
1 red bell pepper, large dices
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp oregano
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Optional toppings include eggs (cooked any way you like), cilantro, hot sauce, jalapenos, shredded cheese.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday 9/12). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!