Matr Boomie: a wholesale fair trade Handmade Accessories & Gifts collection from India.. Catalog available on counter.
New Frontier Herbs Ordering Deadline: The ordering deadline for Frontier Herbs is now the fourth Wednesday of the month instead of the fourth Friday of the month.
New Saturday Hours: Our Saturday hours have changed. We are now opening one hour later, at 11:00am and closing at the same time, 4:00pm.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Matr Boomie: Order deadline for holiday shipping November 17th
- Pure Essence: TBD.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: Next order TBD
- Frontier Herbs: November’s fourth Wednesday deadline will be Wednesday the 22th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, October 30th. The next order deadline will be Saturday, November 4th for delivery on Monday, November 6th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline will be Monday, November 6th. The next delivery date ill be November 1st and available Thursday, November 2nd.
- Split Creek: For November, orders must be placed by November 22nd for delivery on November 30th. Orders should be available on Friday, December 1st.
Recently Restocked Items
- Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. If all goes as planned, we will receive orders on the last Thursday of the month with the ordering deadline the previous Thursday. See Order deadlines. Please email Jackie with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Received delivery from Split Creek Goat Farm:Feta in brineFeta in oil with black olivesFromage BlancChèvre logsCheese balls (freeze well)
- Various flavors of kraut and kimchi from Blue Ridge Brinery in Anderson
- Grass fed from Upstate farms: Ground beef, Pork Sausage , more items available for order
- Cedar Knoll Farms produce: (No Pesticides)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Arugula, Org
- Cucumbers, Org
- Old Dutch Heirloom Celery – Organically Grown
- Sweet Potatoes, Org
Produce: Jalapeno peppers
Freezer: Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust , Brussel sprouts, SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Tortilla Chips -Food Should Taste so Good
- Truwhip (in freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Rice Hot Cereal (gluten free)
- Wildbrine Brussel Kraut
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Discontinued Items To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
An order will be placed next Monday , September 18th. Place any special requests for that.
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to all seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on November 18th.To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Thanks to Suzie Medders for this recipe
A traditional herbal remedy used for colds and flus
- 1/2 cup fresh grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 cayenne peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, chopped with peel
- 1 orange, chopped with peel
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary or 2 TBSP of dried rosemary
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh turmeric or 1 TBSP turmeric powder
- Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw local honey to taste
Prepare all of the ingredients and place them into a quart jar (it takes me two jars). Cover all ingredients with apple cider vinegar. Use a piece of natural parchment paper or waxed paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal. Shake daily. After 3-4 weeks, use cheesecloth to strain.
Add 1/4 cup of honey and stir until incorporated. Taste your cider and add honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 11/14). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!