REMINDER! The Co-op will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd for Thanksgiving.
Matr Boomie: a wholesale fair trade Handmade Accessories & Gifts collection from India. Catalog available on counter and in book for ordering . Order deadline for holiday shipping November 17th
New Frontier Herbs Ordering Deadline: The ordering deadline for Frontier Herbs is now the fourth Wednesday of the month instead of the fourth Friday of the month.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Matr Boomie: Order deadline for holiday shipping November 17th
- Pure Essence: TBD.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: Order has been placed Monday November 13th. Pickup available Thursday November 16th
- Frontier Herbs: November’s fourth Wednesday deadline will be Wednesday the 22th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, November 11th for delivery on Monday, November 13th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline will be Monday, November 20th. The next delivery date will be November 29th and available Thursday, November 30th.
- Split Creek: There will NOT be a order to Split Creek at the end of November. We may change to ordering every other month.
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. If all goes as planned, we will receive orders on the last Thursday of the month with the ordering deadline the previous Thursday. See Order deadlines.
We will NOT place an order to Split Creek at the end of November. We may change to ordering every other month. Please email Jackie with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently Restocked Items
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with black olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Fromage Blanc
- Chèvre logs
- Cheese balls (freeze well)
- Bob’s Red Mill sorghum flour, and tapioca flour
- Blue Diamond Pecan Nut Thins
- Food Should Taste So Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- That’s It – Apple Cherry fruit bars
- Various flavors of kraut and kimchi from Blue Ridge Brinery in Anderson
- Grass fed from Upstate farms: Ground beef, Pork Sausage , more items available for order
- Cedar Knoll Farms produce: (No Pesticides)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes, Org
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Lacinato Kale
- Collard Greens
- Sweet Potatoes
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Green Peppers
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Truwhip (in freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Rice Hot Cereal (gluten free)
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
No Mayo Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Apple
The best ever No Mayo Broccoli Salad with Blueberries and Apple! A healthy and easy side dish with a creamy poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 large apple, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the creamy yogurt poppy seed dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use full fat, low fat will also work)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place broccoli, blueberries, red onion, cranberries, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss apple with1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add to the big bowl with the salad.
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Salad may be served immediately or refrigerated until serving. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Serving size: ⅛ of the salad (made with 2% Greek yogurt) Calories: 128 Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 23.6g Sugar: 16.5g Sodium: 39mg Fiber: 3.9g Protein: 6g
Recipe by Kristine’s Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/no-mayo-broccoli-salad-blueberries-apple/
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 11/14). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!