2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
Restocked Produce: Shiitake mushrooms from Warbranch Mushrooms in Central
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Gaia: Order will be placed in January, during annual sale.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Products in freezer.
- Sami’s Bread: Order deadline is 10:00 am on Monday, January 8th for delivery on Thursday, January 11th.
- Frontier Herbs: January’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday January 24th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, January 6th for delivery on Monday, January 8th.
- UNFI: The next delivery date will be January 10th and available Thursday, January 11th. The next ordering deadline is Monday, January 15th.
- Split Creek: We may change to ordering every other month.
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—email@example.com
- Matr Boomie Fair Trade Gift Items
- Individually-packaged Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons
Recently Restocked Items
- JR Liggetts Bar Shampoo
- Nature’s Gate Deodorant
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with green olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Meyer lemons and pecans from SC
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger is now available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Green, curly kale
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes (white)
- Sweet Potatoes (orange)
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop kale into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and massage the oil, lemon juice and sea salt into the kale using your hands.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
Recipe from Dr. Axe: https://draxe.com/recipe/kale-chips/
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 12/12/17). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!