A Great Response
Thank you everyone for responding to our calls for help last week. We have volunteers to pick up our orders from Happy Cow; and you also brought in egg cartons. Thank you again!
Happy Cow has local apples for order
They are grown in North Carolina so they are local, but not organic. If you would like to order apples, please order with the regular Happy Cow order. Available varieties are: Gala, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Honeycrisp.
Theresa Pizzuto is continuing to recover. Theresa always says how much she appreciates all words of encouragement and help she has gotten (and still needs).
Until Theresa recovers, please be patient if produce and other items aren’t restocked as usual.
The Co-op needs a cashier to help fill in for Theresa on Thursdays. Other help is appreciated as well especially until Theresa gets back on her feet.
COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
As you know, the cases of COVID-19 have been increasing in our area. We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with healthy foods and products to the best of our ability in order to help us all support our nutrition and immune systems.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
the spread of COVID-19.
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Banana Bread at the bottom of this email
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Bulk coconut, nuts of all types, Brown Cow Whole Milk yogurt, Good Culture cottage cheese, Happy Cow cheeses & butter; local eggs; GTS kombucha (original, gingerade, cosmic cranberry), Health Ade Kombucha (bubbly rose); Miyokos cream cheese and cheese wheel, local eggs; Alvarado St sprouted wheat bread, Ben & Jerry’s fudge brownie non-dairy dessert, Henry & Lisa’s Wild Alaskan crispy fish nuggets, Roundtop Farm Red Hawaiian turmeric.
- Gluten-Free: Lotus Foods Organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen Noodles, MIracle Noodle Thai Tum Yum, Now Organic Coconut Flour, Ocean’s Halo no soy soy sauce, CauliPower pizza crust; iViva frozen cauliflower grain-free tortillas.
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – new knit caps and scarfs!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: Bio Bags 100% compostable and biodegradable doggie waste bags, Castor & Pollux organix cookies, Doggie Delirious Crunchy Bones with Peanut Butter, Doggie Duds collar covers
- Supplements: Super Nutrition Seasonal Immune formula, Quaantum Health Immune support and Immune deficiency, Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup
- Local Produce: from Happy Cow delivered 10/12: local apples, not organic (Gala, Golden Delicous, Granny Smith); from Cedar Knoll Farms delivered 10/10,
- Warbranch Mushrooms delivered 10/16:
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, November 21.
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto