Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Sunshine Bowl with Sunflower Seed Tahini sauce at the bottom of this email
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Alvarado Street California style bread, Aurora Naturals deglet dates (in cooler), Bragg’s liquid aminos spray bottle, Brazi Bites – cheese bread, Brown Cow yogurt, bulk red chili beans and wheat bran, Eden gomasio, Green & Black’s 70% dark chocolate, Good Culture cottage cheese, GTS kombucha (cranberry, original & rose berry), Happy Cow milk & cheeses, salted & unsalted butter, King Arthur bread flour, Kite Hill frozen tortellini, Lakewood orange & pink grapefruit juice, local eggs, Mikoyo’s vegan cheddar shreds & pepper jack slices, NOW nonfat milk & buttermilk powders and cacao powder, Olde Cape Cod oyster crackers, Rapunzel org cornstarch, Rickety Barn fudge (plain, walnut & Rocky Road), Woodstock frozen dark cherries & sweet corn
- Gluten-Free: Big Spoon cherry pecan bars, Bob’s Red Mill corn flour, RXBars mint chocolate
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – catnip mice are back in stock!
- Personal Care: Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap, Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soaps
- Pet Products: Castor & Pollux beef bone broth, Wellness gravies
- Supplements: Gaia Echinacea Supreme, Olive leaf, Oil of Oregano & CALM ASAP, Herbal Healer Olive leaf
- Local Produce: from Cedar Knoll Farm delivered 6/23 – organically grown green beans, jalapeno peppers, red onions, Juliet & Beefsteak tomatoes, Growing Green Family Farms delivered 6/25 – organically grown red & green cabbage, kohlrabi, mixed lettuce, green kale, & red beets. Jewell Farms delivered 6/19 organic garlic & yellow onions, DarkSpore blue oyster, chestnut & shiitake mushrooms delivered 6/25, and Roundtop Farms red turmeric (more stock is in the freezer) (see photos below).
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, July 18
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto