Manager Meeting Saturday June 22:
The Manager Meeting will be held this Saturday June 22 from 9-11 am. Please contact Theresa if you are a manager and unable to attend to meeting.
Farmacy in Easley — Composting with the community
Farmacy in Easley is teaming up with Atlas Organics to become a compost house in the community. For $14/month, you will receive a 5 gallon bucket for al your food waste and compostable materials to fill and drop of at Farmacy. In return, you will receive 10 gallons of locally sourced organic compost for all your growing needs. Please Contact Jesse at Farmacy
for more information.
Produce Crew Assistants Needed
Assistance is needed with the produce crew, 2-3 times per month for 1-1/2-2 hrs, on Thursday afternoons, schedule to be determined by those who can assist. Please contact Theresa
to volunteer or for more information.
2019 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2019. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday June 15.
Assistant Manager Needed
Officer position – 0% markup
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Order Deadlines and Delivery Dates
UNFI — The order deadline for the next delivery was Monday, June 17. The next delivery date is Thursday, June 27.
Happy Cow — The next order deadline is Saturday, June 22, for a delivery on Monday, June 24.
Sami’s Bread — The last Sami’s order arrived Thursday, February 28th. Please check the freezer for Bagels and Bread.
Frontier Herbs — Orders due monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month
Albert’s Produce— The next delivery will be within the next month. More info to come.
New and Restocked Products
Albert’s Organics Produce Distributor: Our latest order arrived Wednesday June 12.
- We have the following organic produce: avocados, broccoli, carrots, garlic, lemons, Vidalia onions, yellow onions, Russet potatoes, acorn squash, Covington yams..
- If you are interested in ordering a specific type of produce please contact Theresa to discuss availability.
Short-term Local Seasonal Produce
To special order please contact Theresa
- Growing Greens Family Farms: we plan to order greens and other seasonal produce from them every 1-2 weeks. For more information, visit Growing Green Family Farm. They are a local farm in Anderson, SC.
- Cedar Knoll Farm: we will order seasonal produce (currently radishes and lettuce) as our shelf stock is depleted (weekly or every other week).
- Mile Creek Farm: Delivered this weekend — Organic blackberries, spray free cucumbers, peaches, and red potatoes.
Meg’s Mice have returned!
They are filled with catnip and are a great treat for your cats.
Discontinued by UNFI
St. Dalfour Gourmet to Go 3 Bean Salad
Traina Natural California Bing Cherries
SunSpire Coconut Dark Chocolate Bar
Veg Bouillon (no salt, w/ herbs, w/ sea salt)
Coconut Secret Organic Almond Coconut Bar
Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf.
Full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage
Canned Santa Barbara brand large black olives
Still Available by Special Order
Eden Organic Red Kidney Beans, 15oz cans
Eden Organic Cannellini White Kidney Beans, 15oz cans
There are a variety of discounted items located on our Clearance shelf.
Recipes and Health Articles
Keep your feet healthy and soft this summer with this recipe from NOW
Soften and nourish dry, rough skin with this hydrating Nighttime Foot Salve. Teeming with intense natural moisturizers including beeswax, cocoa butter, avocado oil and more, you’ll be amazed at the results!
3 ounces Liquid Coconut Oil
1 ounce Cocoa Butter with Jojoba Oil
1 ounce Tamanu Oil, Organic
1 teaspoon E-Oil 23,000 IU
10 drops Helichrysum Oil Blend
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the vitamin E oil and essential oils in a double boiler (can also use a measuring cup or glass jar in the microwave).
- Melt ingredients down completely. Remove from heat.
- Let cool slightly before adding the essential oils and vitamin E (in a well-ventilated area). Stir gently until combined.
- Transfer to a clean, glass container(s) with a tight-fitting lid. Let cool completely before using.
To use: For dry, cracked feet, remove a small amount from the jar and apply to your feet at bedtime before putting on socks.
Note: Test on a small area of skin before using. If rub creates irritation, wash with water and soap. Wash hands well after applying and be careful not to get it onto mucous membranes (mouth, nose, etc.). Do not use on broken or irritated skin.
Caution: Essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Dilute essential oils as directed, do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. Pure essential oils can be irritating to skin. For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing.