COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
As you know, the cases of COVID-19 have been increasing in our area. We hope that you are and your families are staying safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with healthy foods and products to the best of our ability in order to help us all support our nutrition and immune systems.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Okra and Eggplant Tagine at the bottom of this email
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Organic bulk currants, nutritional yeast, and roasted & salted pistachios, Amy’s pizza, Brown Cow yogurt, Cafe Altura Italian style coffee and Jim’s organic coffee, Santa Cruz organic mango lemonade, Eden canned black-eyed peas, Good Culture cottage cheese, GTS kombucha (assorted), Hampton Acres pimento cheese, Happy Cow milk, buttermilk, cheeses, & butter, local eggs, Mikoyo’s vegan sharp farmhouse cheese and cream cheese, Pacific Foods mushroom and vegetable broth, Reeds ginger brews, Rickety Barn fudge (plain, walnut & Rocky Road), So Delicious frozen dipped double chocolate cashewmilk bars, Suzie’s saltine crackers, Wild Alaska Salmon, Woodstock frozen broccoli and cut spinach
- Gluten-Free: Larabars (cherry pie & key lime); Barnana plantain tortilla chips; CauliPower pizza crust; iViva frozen cauliflower grain-free tortillas
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – catnip mice are back in stock!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: UT support & Hairball treats, Homeopet nose relief, Castor & Pollux beef bone broth, Wellness gravies
- Supplements: Garlinase, Air-Power, Gaia Echinacea Supreme, Olive leaf, Oil of Oregano & CALM ASAP
- Local Produce: from Jewell Farms delivered 8/31: organically grown green peppers; jalapeno peppers, poblano peppers, and yellow peppers
- DarkSpore delivered 9/3 – blue oyster, chestnut, elm oyster & shiitake mushrooms. (see photos below).
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, September 19
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto