Brand New Products: Sunfood moringa powder and capsules and Sunfood dried golden berries
We hope that you are and your families are staying safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with healthy foods and products to the best of our ability in order to help us all support our nutrition and immune systems. You should have received a separate email with information about what we’re doing to keep the Co-op clean and as safe as we can make it during these uncertain times.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What you can do:
- Wear a face mask or covering: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
- Wash your hands when you arrive and leave
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet when possible, particularly from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Try to only touch the products you plan to purchase.
- Don’t shake hands with your friends and neighbors. How about waving or a nice Japanese bow?
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Please stay home if you’re exhibiting any symptoms of any kind
- You should also stay home if you have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Brazil Bites cheddar & parmesan cheese bread, Brown Cow whole milk yogurt, bulk pinto beans & tart cherries, Dr. Bronner’s organic apple cider vinegar & coconut oil, GTS kombucha (cranberry & regular), Happy Cow milk, buttermilk, cheeses & unsalted butter, Healthade Kombuch (bubbly rose), Kalona whole milk cottage cheese, local eggs, Kite Hill spinach ravioli, Lucina’s tomato sauce, Miso Master red miso, Olde Cape Cod oyster crackers, Stash Asian pear tea, Sunfood golden berries, Suzie’s organic saltines, Tanka buffalo meat bars, tomato products (Jovial & Bionaturae)
- Gluten-Free: Bob’s Red Mill extra thick rolled oats, NOW raw almond flour
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – hats, socks, mittens
- Personal Care: Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soaps, Jason toothpastes (variety of flavors), NOW essential oils, Tea Tree oil (variety of brands)
- Pet Products: Castor & Pollux beef bone broth, Wellness gravies
- Supplements: Palmetto Harmony CBD products (on sale) & Gaia supplements have been restocked – see photos below (Astragalus Supreme, Calcium-Magnesium citrate, Gas & Bloating, Ginger Supreme, Glycemic Health, Oil of Oregano, PM Phytogen Turmeric Supreme), check out our allergy and sinus products: Dr. Christopher’s sinus plus, NOW nasal mist, Nature’s Life quercetin, Sunfood moringa powder & capsules
- Local Produce: from Jewell Farm was delivered 4/18 – organically grown spinach and Romaine, Growing Green Family Farms was delivered 4/9 – organically grown green garlic, Russian kale, parsley & spinach. Monetta Farms asparagus was delivered on 4/4 – if you’d like to place an order for asparagus please contact Theresa; Mile Creek Farm no-spray strawberries will be delivered weekly during the season – if you’d like to place an order for strawberries please contact Theresa, DarkSpore blue oyster & comb’s tooth mushrooms are due 4/23, and Roundtop Farms red turmeric (more stock is in the freezer) (see photos below).
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, May 16
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto