Saturday Hours: Our Saturday hours will be changing effective the first Saturday in October (10/7). We will be opening one hour later, at 11:00am. We will be closing at the same time 4:00pm. So we’ll be open 11:00am to 4:00pm.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Reminder: Weather-related Store Closing Policy
View the co-op weather policy for closings due to inclement weather here.
Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Personal Care Manager: Inventories and orders personal care products for shelf stock and special orders. Markup is 5-10%, depending on the number of hours worked monthly. For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Pure Essence: An order was delivered last Monday .
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: an order was delivery on Thursday, September 21st..
- Frontier Herbs: September’s fourth Friday deadline will be Friday the 22nd.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, September 25th. The next order deadline will be Saturday, September 30rd for delivery on Monday, October 2nd.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline will be Monday, September 25th.The next delivery will be available on Thursday, October 5th. The following deadline will be Monday, October 9th.
- Pure Enscaps: Order deadlinefor new order Friday, September 29th
- Life Extension: Order deadline for new order Friday, September 29th
- Gift Idea! Himalania Brand Himalayan Pink Rock Salt in a 7oz glass jar with a small grater included. Now on sale for $3.93 each.
- Solgar has a 25% off their whole line this month. Please order by 9/21/17
- Wildbrine Brussel Kraut
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Bubbies Bread & Butter pickles
- Split Creek Fudge
- Split Creek Feta cheese in oil
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Cedar Knoll Farms: (No Pesticides)
Brussel Sprouts (Freezer)
Raw Honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Recently Restocked Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business
- Doll clothes by Meg–prices vary
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order..
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
An order will be placed next Monday , September 18th. Place any special requests for that.
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have placed an order and it arrived Friday, August 11th. A good supply in the freezer!
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to all seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on October 21st.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
ONE PAN MEXICAN QUINOA
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Wonderfully light, healthy and nutritious. And it’s so easy to make – even the quinoa is cooked right in the pan!INGREDIENTS:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (I use 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.(We just make Guacamole and serve it with the dish)
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cook Like a Champion
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 10/10). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!