New Saturday Hours: Our Saturday hours will be changing effective this Saturday, October 7th. We will be opening one hour later, at 11:00am. We will be closing at the same time 4:00pm. Our new hours will be 11:00am to 4:00pm.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Personal Care Manager: Inventories and orders personal care products for shelf stock and special orders. Markup is 5-10%, depending on the number of hours worked monthly. For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Pure Essence: An order was delivered last Monday.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: Next order TBD
- Frontier Herbs: September’s fourth Friday deadline was Friday the 27th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, October 2nd. The next order deadline will be Saturday, October 7th for delivery on Monday, October 9th.
- UNFI: The next delivery will be available on Thursday, October 5th. The next ordering deadline will be Monday, October 23rd.
Recently Restocked Items
- An order from Split Creek last week so have goat fudge, feta cheese and chèvre logs
Cedar Knoll Farms produce: (No Pesticides)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
Produce: Jalapeno peppers
Freezer: Brussel sprouts
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Gift Idea! Himalania Brand Himalayan Pink Rock Salt in a 7oz glass jar with a small grater included. Now on sale for $3.93 each.
- Solgar has a 25% off their whole line this month. Please order by 9/21/17
- Wildbrine Brussel Kraut
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Discontinued Items To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Bags
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order..
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
An order will be placed next Monday , September 18th. Place any special requests for that.
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have placed an order and it arrived Friday, August 11th. A good supply in the freezer!
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Creamy Potato and Leek Soup –
Dairy-free, healthy and full of flavor.
Quick & easy to make soup, only 30 minutes to cook.
Calories: 327 kcal
Author: Neli @ Delicious Meets Healthy
- Tbsp olive oil
- leeks thinly sliced
- cloves of garlic minced
- medium potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes
- cup chicken or vegetable broth
- cups almond milk
- strips cooked bacon crumbled (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and saute sliced leeks for about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Season leeks to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and 2 cups chicken/vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover with a lid and boil for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft. Add 2 cups almond milk (less or more, depending on how thick or thin you like the soup). Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth. Again, season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep soup warm until it’s time to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with thin slices of leeks, crumbled bacon, and some freshly grounded black pepper.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 10/10). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!