New Saturday Hours: Our Saturday hours have changed. We are now opening one hour later, at 11:00am. We will be closing at the same time 4:00pm. Our new hours will be 11:00am to 4:00pm.
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members.
Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Personal Care Manager: Inventories and orders personal care products for shelf stock and special orders. Markup is 5-10%, depending on the number of hours worked monthly. For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Building and Grounds Manager Needed: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Pure Essence: An order was delivered last Monday.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th.
- Sami’s Bread: Next order TBD
- Frontier Herbs: October’s fourth Wednesday deadline will be Wednesday the 25th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, October 16th. The next order deadline will be Saturday, October 21st for delivery on Monday, October 23rd.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline will be Monday, October 23rd. The next delivery date ill be November 1st and available Thursday, November 2nd.
- Split Creek: For October, orders must be placed by October 19 for delivery on October 26. Orders should be available on Friday, October 27.
Recently Restocked Items
- Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. If all goes as planned, we will receive orders on the last Thursday of the month with the ordering deadline the previous Thursday. See Order deadlines. Please email Jackie with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encapsulation order in, Monday, October 9th
- Life Extension Order in, Monday October 9th.
- Various flavors of kraut and kimchi from Blue Ridge Brinery in Anderson
- Cedar Knoll Farms produce: (No Pesticides)
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Arugula, Org
- Cucumbers, Org
- Old Dutch Heirloom Celery – Organically Grown
- Sweet Potatoes, Org
Produce: Jalapeno peppers
Freezer: Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust , Brussel sprouts, SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Gift Idea! Himalania Brand Himalayan Pink Rock Salt in a 7oz glass jar with a small grater included. Now on sale for $3.93 each.
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Rice Hot Cereal (gluten free)
- Solgar has a 25% off their whole line this month. Please order by 9/21/17
- Wildbrine Brussel Kraut
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Discontinued Items To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
An order will be placed next Monday , September 18th. Place any special requests for that.
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have placed an order and it arrived Friday, August 11th. A good supply in the freezer!
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Raise the Roof Sweet Potato Lasagna
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small head of garlic, all cloves chopped or pressed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 ½ cups corn
- 1 package Silken Lite tofu (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 jars Engine 2-approved pasta sauce
- 2 boxes whole grain lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 6 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup raw cashews, ground
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté the onion and garlic on high heat for 3 minutes in a wok or nonstick pan. Add the mushrooms and cook until the onions are limp and the mushrooms give up their liquid. Place the mushrooms, onion and garlic into a large bowl, saving the mushroom liquid in the pan.
Sauté the broccoli and carrots for 5 minutes and add to the mushroom bowl. Sauté the peppers and corn until just beginning to soften and add to the vegetable bowl.
Drain the silken tofu by wrapping in paper towels. Use your hands to crumble the tofu in the towels and mix into the vegetable bowl. Add spices to the mixture and combine.
To assemble the lasagna:
Cover the bottom of a 9” x 13” casserole dish with a layer of pasta sauce. Add a layer of noodles. Cover the noodles with sauce. This helps the noodles cook in the oven, saving time and energy.
Spread the vegetable mixture over the sauced noodles. Cover with a layer of noodles and another dressing of sauce. Add the spinach to the second layer of sauced noodles. Cover the spinach with the mashed sweet potatoes.
Add another layer of sauce, the final layer of noodles, and a last topping of sauce. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove the foil, sprinkle with the cashews or nutritional yeast, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Let the lasagna sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 11/14). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!