Year-End Inventory & Special Order Pick-up: We will be conducting our annual end of year inventory on Tuesday 12/5 and Wednesday 12/6. Please pick up your special orders by close of day Tuesday, December 6th to assist us with this process.
Saturday, December 9th: Manager & General Membership meetings (date changes)
- The final Manager meeting of 2017 will be held on Saturday, December 9th at 9:00am. This will replace the 4th Saturday meetings for November and December, since both fall on holiday weekends.
- The annual General Membership meeting will be held Saturday, December 9th, after the Manager meeting, at 11:00am at the Co-op. We will be voting on the slate of nominees and the 2018 proposed budget. More information will be shared regarding the voting slate prior to the meeting.
Limited Availability Produce: Local, fresh ginger is now available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
Douglas Laboratories Catalog Missing: Our only copy of the Douglas catalog has gone missing. If you inadvertently took it, please return it ASAP!
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Gaia: Orders due by end of day Monday, November 27th.
- Pure Essence: TBD.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Products in freezer.
- Sami’s Bread: Pickup now available for November 13th order.
- Frontier Herbs: December’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday December 27th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, December 2nd for delivery on Monday, December 4th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline is Monday, December 4th. The next delivery date will be December 13th and available Thursday, December 14th.
- Split Creek: There will NOT be a order to Split Creek at the end of November. We may change to ordering every other month.
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. If all goes as planned, we will receive orders on the last Thursday of the month with the ordering deadline the previous Thursday. See Order deadlines.
We will NOT place an order to Split Creek at the end of November. We may change to ordering every other month. Please email Jackie with any questions – email@example.com.
Recently Restocked Items
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with black olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Fromage Blanc
- Chèvre logs
Personal Care: Olbas nasal inhaler
- Bob’s Red Mill sorghum flour, and tapioca flour
- Blue Diamond Pecan Nut Thins
- Food Should Taste So Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- That’s It – Apple Cherry fruit bars
- Three Twins Organic Sugar Ice Cream Cones
- Grass fed from Upstate farms: Ground beef, Pork Sausage , more items available for order
- Cedar Knoll Farms produce: (No Pesticides) Acorn Squash & Butternut Squash
- Dandies All Natural Marshmallows
- Bucha Grapefruit Sage kombucha
- Smart Juice Organic Pomegranate & Tart Cherry Juices
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Local ginger
- Curly and Lacinato Kale
- Sweet Potatoes
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Romaine Lettuce
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Truwhip (in freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Rice Hot Cereal (gluten free)
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Overnight Steel Cut Oats
When you need a quick, hot breakfast that will stick to your ribs!
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 3-fingered pinch salt
- 1 cup milk (optional)
- 2-quart saucepan
- Start this the night before you want to have steel-cut oatmeal. Measure out your oats. This quantity will make about 4 servings.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Add the oats and fry them for about 3 minutes, or until they start smelling toasty.
- Pour in the water and add the salt. Stir.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it on the stove, and go to bed!
- The next morning, uncover the pan and bring the oatmeal back up to a simmer. If you would like thinner and creamier oatmeal, stir in a cup of milk before reheating.
- When the oatmeal is warm, scoop out and enjoy!
Recipe from Kitchn: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-steelcut-oatmeal-the-make-ahead-method-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-134185
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 12/12/17). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!