Dimpflmeier Bread: The order deadline will be April 23rd with shelf availability on May 3rd. Please place orders in the Direct Order book on counter by register. Check here to see what they have to offer, DIMPFLMEIER
2018 Seeds have arrived! Check out the vegetable, flower and herb seeds that arrived last week.
Open Volunteer Jobs:
- Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5% if you pick up twice monthly. If you can only pick up one week a month then you would get a 10% markup. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email
- Friday Day Manager (Weekly): For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements.
- Sami’s Bread: Order received the week of Feb 12th
- UNFI: The next order deadline will be Monday, April 9th, available Thrusday, April 19th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, March 31st for delivery on Monday, April 2nd.
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed. Place your orders in the Direct Order book.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: Order deadline will be Monday, April 23rd for availability on Thursday, May 3rd. Please add wanted products in the direct Order book.
Gluten-Free: Late July multi-grain chips – gluten free, non GMO
Refrigerated: Redwood Farms Goat Kefir.
Quorn, meatless – soy-free grounds , located in Freezer
A-Kite Hill Jalapeño Cream Cheese Style Spread. Dairy free, soy free, gluten free/ Made with almond milk
Kite Hill says, “Try jalapeño cream style spread stuffed into peppers or stirred into a veggie dip!”
Juice & Fruit: Krause Brothers, Greenville, SC
We have a new vendor, Krause Brothers, who provide fresh citrus direct from their family owned farm in Florida.
We received an order on Feb 14 from Krause Brothers that includes fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices along with lots of oranges and grapefruits.
*Rodale Wellness – Foods That Fight Cold and Flu*
“Vitamin C, most commonly found in citrus fruits, is an antioxidant that can reduce cold symptoms by 23%…”
Personal Care shelves are being restocked and rearranged. Many products that seemed to have disappeared are now Back In Stock!
Essential Oils are being ordered through NOW because the caps are easier to open and many cost less than Aura Cacia. Members can still special order any Aura Cacia product via the UNFI direct order binder.
- Broccoli Plants from Cedar Knoll Farms
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water (placed in freezer)
- Food Should Taste So Good multigrain chips
- Zum Bar Soaps in the fridge are on sale.
- All Indigo Wild and Zum wooden balls are sale too!
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Broccoli Plants on Sale
- Local, fresh ginger available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Restocked on Brown Rice Miso
- Assortment of local Kraut and Kimchi
- Split Creek Farm:
- Feta in oil with olives
- Chive chèvre log
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- We now have Redwood Hill Farm Goat Kefir
- We have Watermelon Kombucha.
- Quorn meatless and soy-free grounds
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream (two flavors Brambleberry Crisp and Quorn meatless and soy-free grounds Whiskey & Pecans).
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
- RAPUNZEL BOUILLON,VEGGIE,NO SALT 2.4 OZ by UNFI
- SUNSPIRE CHOC BAR,COCONUT 1.75 OZ by UNFI
- Fruit Bars (Blueberry/Apple and Apple/Cherry)
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Spirals
- Brown Rice Miso
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—email@example.com
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
A new delivery of Back Roads granola (gluten free) is available.
We now have Late July multi-grain chips – gluten free, non gmo
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Recipe Submitted: Please submit recipe to:
Author: Trish – Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Main, Salad
Serves: 6 Servings
- 2 cups cooked wild rice blend, cooled
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp sugar or to taste
- ½ tsp salt
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 4/10/18). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Co-op: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!