Local honey in quart jars is back in stock!
Christina’s Natural Qualities’ jewelweed spritzer and bar soap are back in stock.
Open Volunteer Jobs:
- Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday.
- We need someone right away. If we do not find someone to volunteer then we will only be able to offer the Happy Cow products only every other week, or possibly Once a month.
- You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5% if you pick up twice monthly. If you can only pick up one week a month then you would have a 10% markup. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto
- Friday Day Manager (Weekly): For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements.
- Sami’s Bread: An order was received on Thursday, April 29th. There is bread available in the freezer.
- UNFI: The next order deadline will be the June 18th, available on June 28th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, June 9th for delivery on Monday, June 11th
- Frontier Herbs: 4th Wednesday of the month
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed. Place your orders in the Direct Order book.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received May 3rd. A nice supply is in the freezer. Next order date in Sept-Oct Please add wanted products in the Direct Order book.
Ling Ling Pot Stickers: We have Vegetable and Chicken Vegetable.
ORGANIC PRAIRIE Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Jenni’s ice cream. – We still have Brambleberry Crisp
- Quorn, meatless – soy-free grounds, located in Freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa Flour
- Unreal Dark Chocolate/Quinoa Gems (similar to M&M’s)
Herbs/Spices: we will be stocking hibiscus tea, forever fruit herbal tea, cranberry powder, and matcha powder
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Cedar Knoll Farms: Red Candy Onions, Yellow Squash
- Jewell Farms: Watermelon Radishes, Rainbow Chard
- Bob’s Red Mill Active Dry Yeast (in cooler)
- Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- Split Creek Farm: Feta in oil with olives, Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge, The cranberry walnut cheese ball has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
Meats: Organic Prairie grass fed ground beef
- New consignments by Meg! Knitted doll blanket and dresses, and Organic Catnip filled Felted Mice
- Cedar Knoll Broccoli
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- All Indigo Wild and Zum wooden balls are sale too!
- Crescent Farm Lettuce Mix and kale
- Jen’s Hot Kimchi
Supplements: A Biotics order has been placed and will be in around the 8th of June.
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Canned Santa Barbara brand large black olives
- All flavors of Xyla brand mints
- Bulk organic whole oat groats
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
- SUNSPIRE CHOC BAR,COCONUT 1.75 OZ by UNFI
- Lucini Italia Artichoke Pasta Sauce by UNFI
- All Rapunzel bouillon cubes, no-salt, sea-salt, and with herbs, by UNFI
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to place an order with Frontier Herbs, you can submit an order online and it will be incorporated into the full order for the Co-op. New deadline is 4th Wednesday of the month. For information or to request an online account for ordering from Frontier, contact Jill Fleeman at email@example.com 864-506-4221
Personal Care shelves are being restocked and rearranged. Many products that seemed to have disappeared are now Back In Stock!
Essential Oils are being ordered through NOW because the caps are easier to open and many cost less than Aura Cacia. Members can still special order any Aura Cacia product via the UNFI direct order binder.
The supplement shelves have been organized to group products by type (vitamins, herbs, etc.) rather than by brand or company. *Please share any feedback or suggestions for improvement with Gale Farrier or Katherine Vinson. To see a complete list of supplements available, click here. To see supplements listed by BRAND click here.
We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Compost available Discontinued until further notice.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- We have a good supply of Eggs
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a new shipment available as of Thrusday May 3rd! Stored in Freezer , double bagged.
Food Should Taste So Good multigrain tortilla chips
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
We are trying to determine which pet foods to stock. If you have a preference for pet food you would like to purchase through the co-op, please call (864-506-4345) Frances Chamberlain with your requests.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Recipe Submitted: Please submit recipe to:
BEST ROASTED VEGETABLES EVER
Serves 6 as a side dish
1 medium onion
1 medium or 2 small carrots
2 small potatoes
5 small tomatoes
1 red or yellow pepper
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary, wild fennel are all good choices – either individually or combined in some form)
4 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F (180 C). Quarter and slice the onion thinly. Dice all the vegetables into pieces that are approximately the same size (no larger than 1/2 inch). Pile the vegetables into a baking dish so that the vegetables lie a few inches thick. Season with salt, pepper and herbs to taste and then pour the olive oil over the vegetables. Mix thoroughly but gently – you don’t want to destroy the tomatoes before the dish goes into the oven. Now check the vegetables to make sure they are well-coated and glistening with oil. If need be, add more oil.
2. Put the dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Halfway through the cooking process, remove the dish from the oven and very gently stir the vegetables so that the ones at the bottom come to the top. Towards the end of the cooking process, stir a second time. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Check for seasoning and serve.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick
- Associate Manager
Calendar 2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!