Reminder: No Happy Cow delivery on Monday, June 18th.
Spring Blossoms Honey is in stock! This honey was harvested in May and is Natural, Raw, and unheated.
Assorted Flavors of Sauerkraut and Kimchi from Blue Ridge Brinery are in the refrigerator.
Fresh kale and savoy cabbage from Crescent Farm are in the vegetable refrigerator.
Christina’s Natural Qualities’ jewelweed spritzer and bar soap are back in stock.
Open Volunteer Jobs:
- Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday.
- Friday Day Manager (Weekly): For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements.
- Sami’s Bread: An order was received on Thursday, April 29th. There is bread available in the freezer.
- UNFI: The next delivery is available this Thursday, June 14th. The next order deadline will be the June 18th, available on June 28th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, June 23th for delivery on Monday, June 25th
- Frontier Herbs: 4th Wednesday of the month
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed. Place your orders in the Direct Order book.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received May 3rd. A nice supply is in the freezer. Next order date in Sept-Oct Please add wanted products in the Direct Order book.
- CVC and Sublingual supplements orders need to be put in the book before Wednesday 6/13.
- Solgar, American Health ,and Home Health are having a Whole live SALE from June 11-22 for 25% off. Please put in all orders ASAP
Ling Ling Pot Stickers: We have Vegetable and Chicken Vegetable.
ORGANIC PRAIRIE Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Jenni’s ice cream. – We still have Brambleberry Crisp
- Quorn, meatless – soy-free grounds, located in Freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa Flour
- Unreal Dark Chocolate/Quinoa Gems (similar to M&M’s)
Herbs/Spices: we will be stocking hibiscus tea, forever fruit herbal tea, cranberry powder, and matcha powder
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Cedar Knoll Farms: Red Candy Onions, Red Potatoes
- Jewell Farms: Watermelon Radishes, Rainbow Chard
- Bob’s Red Mill Active Dry Yeast (in cooler)
- Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- Split Creek Farm: Feta in oil with olives, Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge, The cranberry walnut cheese ball has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
Meats: Organic Prairie grass fed ground beef
- New consignments by Meg! Knitted doll blanket and dresses, and Organic Catnip filled Felted Mice
- Cedar Knoll Broccoli
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- All Indigo Wild and Zum wooden balls are sale too!
- Crescent Farm Lettuce Mix and kale
- Jen’s Hot Kimchi
Supplements: A Biotics order has been placed and will be in around the 8th of June.
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Canned Santa Barbara brand large black olives
- All flavors of Xyla brand mints
- Bulk organic whole oat groats
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
- SUNSPIRE CHOC BAR,COCONUT 1.75 OZ by UNFI
- Lucini Italia Artichoke Pasta Sauce by UNFI
- All Rapunzel bouillon cubes, no-salt, sea-salt, and with herbs, by UNFI
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—email@example.com
If you want to place an order with Frontier Herbs, you can submit an order online and it will be incorporated into the full order for the Co-op. New deadline is 4th Wednesday of the month. For information or to request an online account for ordering from Frontier, contact Jill Fleeman at firstname.lastname@example.org 864-506-4221
Personal Care shelves are being restocked and rearranged. Many products that seemed to have disappeared are now Back In Stock!
Essential Oils are being ordered through NOW because the caps are easier to open and many cost less than Aura Cacia. Members can still special order any Aura Cacia product via the UNFI direct order binder.
The supplement shelves have been organized to group products by type (vitamins, herbs, etc.) rather than by brand or company. *Please share any feedback or suggestions for improvement with Gale Farrier or Katherine Vinson. To see a complete list of supplements available, click here. To see supplements listed by BRAND click here.
We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Compost available Discontinued until further notice.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- We have a good supply of Eggs
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a new shipment available as of Thrusday May 3rd! Stored in Freezer , double bagged.
Food Should Taste So Good multigrain tortilla chips
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
We are trying to determine which pet foods to stock. If you have a preference for pet food you would like to purchase through the co-op, please call (864-506-4345) Frances Chamberlain with your requests.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Recipe Submitted: Please submit recipe to:
Grilled Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas (Recipe from Frontier Herbs)
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Smoked Ground Paprika 1.87 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Powder 2.33 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Table Grind Sea Salt 5 lb
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 dash olive oil, for brushing
1. Light grill to medium heat.
2. Peel sweet potato and cut into 1/4” thick rounds. Place in a bowl and combine with olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Toss until sweet potatoes are coated with spice mixture and transfer to a grill pan (see note).
3. Grill sweet potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly charring, flip, and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be tender. If more grill time is needed, transfer to indirect heat and continue to cook until tender. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and chop into smaller pieces.
4. While sweet potatoes are grilling, combine black beans, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl, set aside. Once sweet potatoes are chopped, add to the black beans.
5. To assemble quesadillas, on one side, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of garlic powder. Flip the tortilla over and add 1 ounce of cheese over the entire surface and then on one half, divide 1/4 of the sweet potato/black bean mixture.
6. Transfer quesadilla over indirect heat on the grill and allow to cook until the cheese has melted. Fold in half and transfer to direct heat. Allow to cook until the tortilla is golden and crisp, 15 to 60 seconds (depending on the heat source). Flip and repeat. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
If a grill pan is unavailable, cook sweet potatoes on a piece of foil to keep from sweet potatoes from falling through the grill
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick
- Associate Manager
Calendar 2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!