- Upcoming Order Deadlines & Deliveries
- Product Updates
- Department Reminders
- Senior Discount Day
- General Information
New Flags! If you have not been by the Co-op in the past few days, we have some eye-catching flags flying out front. Along with flying flags, we depend on members to share information with friends and colleagues to recruit new members. We have flyers and cards by the register, available for you to share.
Secretary Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly 4th Saturday manager meetings & 2x/year at general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers, and works closely with our Marketing & Communications Manager. Communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. We will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
AT&T Phone Update: Cable work was done this morning, Monday, July 31st. We apologize for the phone outage, and we will no longer have a fax line.
New Produce: Mini Sweet Peppers, Low-spray SC Peaches, Shiitake mushrooms, Jewell Farm Edamame, Jewell Farm Kale, Jewell Farm Jalapenos
Missing Sweater: Katherine Vinson is missing a tan men’s sweater left at the Co-op. If you accidentally wore it home, please return. Thanks!
- Sami’s Bread: An order was placed today, Monday, July 31st, and it will come in on Thursday, August 3rd.
- The Farm Cart: We received a small delivery on Thursday, July 20th. The next delivery will be Thursday, August 3rd.
- Frontier Herbs: August’s fourth Friday deadline will be Friday the 25th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders are available for pick up Monday, July 31st. The next order deadline will be Saturday, August 5th for Delivery on Monday, August 7th.
- Biotics Research: Orders due by Wednesday, August 2nd
- UNFI: We will receive a delivery on Thursday, July 27th. The next order deadline is Monday, July 31st for delivery on Thursday, August 10th.
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Gingerberry Kombucha
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Tinyada Organic Brown Rice Lasagna (GF section)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Cornbread Mix (GF section)
- Heartbeet Kombucha
- Stevita Spoonable Stevia 16oz, has dropped out of the Select Nutrition and Threshold online catalogs and is no longer available for order.
To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Recently Restocked Items
- Chewable brushless toothpaste for dogs
- Sami’s lavash in freezer and chips on shelf (cinnamon flavor out of stock)
- Wisdom of Ages Advantage Liquid Concentrate
- NOW raw organic Cacao Nibs are back on the shelf!
- Barleans Flax Oil Products
The most recent order included mini sweet peppers and local, low-spray peaches, local raw milk and ground beef. Still in stock: sweet onions, potatoes and spaghetti squash.
- Please place special orders in the Direct Order book II if you’d like to reserve particular products from the next delivery.
- To see the complete list of products and place special orders please see the Farm Cart tab in Vol. II of the Direct Order Books.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Doll clothes by Meg–prices vary
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
We are trying to determine which pet foods to stock. If you have a preference for pet food you would like to purchase through the co-op, please email or call (864-506-4407) Jackie Caldwell with your requests. firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to all seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on August 19th.To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.Want to Help?We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow pick Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
Health DiscussionDiscussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday 6/12). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.Input Wanted from Co-op Members:We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald.Calendar2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!Theresa Pizzuto 2017 General Manager
Suzie Medders 2017 Associate Manager