2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Marketing Update: Many thanks to Roberta Bolduc of Natural Awakenings, who gave us a tremendous package deal for advertising and publicity in this publication targeted at those interested in natural health and healing. In addition to an advertisement and a listing in the community directory in the January edition, we are featured in a News Brief at http://www.upstatena.com/
Local Produce Update: Due to the extremely low night time temperatures, local produce is scarce at the moment. We hope to be able to procure more in the next week or two.
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
Building and Grounds Manager Needed and Weekly Cleaning Person: For more information, email Theresa Pizzuto.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
- Gaia: Order will be placed this week, during annual sale.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Products in freezer.
- Sami’s Bread: Order placed on Monday, January 8th for delivery on Thursday, January 11th.
- Frontier Herbs: January’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday January 24th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, January 13th for delivery on Monday, January 15th.
- UNFI: The next delivery date will be January 10th and available Thursday, January 11th. The next ordering deadline is Monday, January 15th.
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed.
- Supplements: Douglas and Pure Encapsulations. order deadline will be Friday, January 12th.
- Matr Boomie Fair Trade Gift Items
- Individually-packaged Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons
Recently Restocked Items
- JR Liggetts Bar Shampoo
- Nature’s Gate Deodorant
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with green olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Meyer lemons and pecans from SC
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger is now available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Green, curly kale
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes (white)
- Sweet Potatoes (orange)
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—jc6m@
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Salted Paleo Sunbutter Cups
- CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- 3 cups 70-85% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Prepare two standard mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners and set aside.
- In a double boiler, add in dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Melt over a pot of simmering (not boiling) hot water until well incorporated.
- Fill the bottom of each muffin liner with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture. Set aside leftover chocolate to put on top of the cups.
- Set the muffin pans in the freezer.
- In a mini food processor or small blender cup, add in sunbutter, sea salt, coconut oil and dates. Blend or pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Remove muffin pans out of the freezer.
- Spoon out 1 teaspoon of the sunbutter mixture on top of each chocolate filled muffin liner.
- Take the bowl of melted chocolate and spoon out 1-2 teaspoons to cover each cup.
- Sprinkle Himalayan salt on top.
- Place the cups back in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer until set. Store in freezer, and to serve, allow to sit out for 5 minutes
Compliments of Debbie Hornsby
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 12/12/17). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!