LIFE EXTENSION 15% OFF EVERYTHING SALE – ORDER DEADLINE IS MARCH 2
Open Volunteer Jobs:
Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5% if you pick up twice monthly. If you can only pick up one week a month then you would get a 10% markup. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email
Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Local Produce Update: Due to the extremely low night time temperatures, local produce is scarce at the moment. We hope to be able to procure more soon.
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements.
- Sami’s Bread: New order placed February 12th
- UNFI: The next delivery will be available Thursday, March 8th. The next ordering deadline is Monday, March 12th, available Thursday, March 22th.
- Frontier Herbs: February’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday, February 28th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, March 3rd for delivery on Monday, March 5th.
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Still some product in freezer.
Krause Brothers, Greenville, SC
We have a new vendor, Krause Brothers, who provide fresh citrus direct from their family owned farm in Florida.
We received an order on Feb 14 from Krause Brothers which includes fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices along with lots of oranges and grapefruits.
*Rodale Wellness – Foods That Fight Cold and Flu*
“Vitamin C, most commonly found in citrus fruits, is an antioxidant that can reduce cold symptoms by 23%…”
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water (placed in freezer)
- Food Should Taste So Good multigrain chips
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Broccoli Plants
- Meyer lemons
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Restocked on Brown Rice Miso
- Grapefruit Restocked on Brown Rice Miso -Sage Bucha
- We received a delivery this week from Blue Ridge Brinery and have a nice assortment of local Kraut and Kimchi
- Split Creek Farm:
- Feta in oil with olives
- Chive chèvre log
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream (two flavors Brambleberry Crisp and Whiskey & Pecans).
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Supplements: LIFE EXTENSION 15% OFF EVERYTHING SALE
ORDER DEADLINE IS MARCH 2nd.
We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
- Fruit Bars (Blueberry/Apple and Apple/Cherry)
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Spirals
- Brown Rice Miso
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
A new delivery of Back Roads granola (gluten free) is available.
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Black Bean and Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers with Avocado Lime Sauce
- 4 large Red Bell Peppers, roasted
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1 15 oz can Black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz can corn rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup fat free Sour Cream
- 11/2 tsp Salt (add more to taste if needed)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Black Pepper (add more to taste if needed – depending on how spicy you want the filling to be)
Avocado Lime Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Avocado, ripe
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 heaping tbsp Fat Free Sour Cream
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Roast bell peppers: you can roast them on the grill or in the oven. I roasted mine in my oven under the broiler. I pre-heated the oven to 375 degrees, and then broiled the peppers on high for a few minutes until the skin was blistery/starting to blacken, and then I turned them over and broiled them on high for another few minutes until the other side was done.
- Cut off the top of the pepper (save for garnish) and scoop out the insides, and the seeds and discard.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Spoon into bell peppers.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 3 minutes. Enjoy with avocado lime sauce.
Avocado Lime Sauce
- Chop Avocado, juice limes: combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 3/13/18). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!