LIFE EXTENSION 15% OFF EVERYTHING SALE – ORDER DEADLINE IS MARCH 2
Open Volunteer Jobs:
Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email
Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
Free Giveaway Drawing: Bring a friend to the co-op and enter into a drawing for a free giveaway each month!
We’re giving away products from some of our best suppliers. Co-op members will receive one entry into a prize drawing for each new visitor you bring to the co-op. Each new member will also be entered once in the drawing, to be done at the monthly managers’ meeting.
Be sure to fill out your registration information when you bring friends to see the co-op. Your cashier will have the form handy!
This month’s prize is a Carlson shopping bag, a liter of Sunberry Farms Tropical juice, and a bar of Carlson E-Gam soap with aloe vera.
Local Produce Update: Due to the extremely low night time temperatures, local produce is scarce at the moment. We hope to be able to procure more soon.
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
- Gaia: Order has been placed and received.
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements.
- Sami’s Bread: New order placed February 12th
- UNFI: The next delivery will be available Thursday, February 22nd. The next ordering deadline is Monday, February 26, available Thursday, March 8th.
- Frontier Herbs: February’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday, February 28th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, February 24th for delivery on Monday, February 26th.
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Still some products in freezer.
Krause Brothers, Greenville, SC
We have a new vendor, Krause Brothers, who provide fresh citrus direct from their family owned farm in Florida.
We received an order on Feb 14 from Krause Brothers which includes fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices along with lots of oranges and grapefruits.
*Rodale Wellness – Foods That Fight Cold and Flu*
“Vitamin C, most commonly found in citrus fruits, is an antioxidant that can reduce cold symptoms by 23%…”
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water (placed in freezer)
- Food Should Taste So Good multigrain chips
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Meyer lemons
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- We received a delivery this week from Blue Ridge Brinery and have a nice assortment of local Kraut and Kimchi
- Split Creek Farm:
- Feta in oil with olives
- Chive chèvre log
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream (two flavors Brambleberry Crisp and Whiskey & Pecans). Hint: This would be great for a Valentine’s Day treat!
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Supplements: LIFE EXTENSION 15% OFF EVERYTHING SALE
ORDER DEADLINE IS MARCH 2nd.
We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
A new delivery of Back Roads granola (gluten free) came in last week.
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to all seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on March 17th.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. In a large pot, combine the cauliflower, carrot, celery, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender (do not drain).
2. In another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add hot pepper sauce if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture.
Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 3/13/18). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!