Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
Happy Cow Holiday Delivery Schedule:
Happy Cow will be closed Christmas and New Year’s holidays (Mondays), so the alternate delivery dates for those two days are Tuesday, December 26th and Tuesday, January 2nd.
Please call in any special orders that may not be included on the regular weekly deliveries. Deliveries are generally before Noon but members might call ahead to make sure milk has been processed.
Limited Availability Produce:
Meyer lemons from Orange Grove Plantation, St. Helena, SC and Pecans from Brickyard Point Farm, Lady’s Island, SC
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Gaia: Deadline for the next Gaia Herb order will be Saturday, Dec. 30th. All Gaia products will be 20% off for this order, as well as any other special sales that are going on at that time.
- Pure Essence: TBD.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Products in freezer.
- Sami’s Bread: Pickup now available for November 13th order.
- Frontier Herbs: December’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday December 27th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, December 23rd for delivery on Tuesday, December 26th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline is Monday, December 18th. The next delivery date will be December 27th and available Thursday, December 28th.
- Split Creek: We may change to ordering every other month.
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—email@example.com
- Olbas Aromatheraphy Inhalant and Massage Oil
- Olbas Analgesic Salve
- Lakewood Carrot Juice
- Now Xylitol packets and bulk sugar substitute
- Sugarless Sugar One-to-one Sugar Replacement
Recently Restocked Items
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with green olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger is now available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Green, curly kale
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes (white)
- Sweet Potatoes
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Baked Cranberry Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Orange Peel Granules
- 4 Frontier Organic 2 3/4″ Korintje Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 pound Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups rinsed and sorted fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut 1/2” top off the stem end of the apples. Remove the stems, leaving a small hole into which you can insert a cinnamon stick. Core the apples with a melon baller. Discard cores. Scoop out the inside of the apples, being careful not to pierce the skin. Chop the flesh. Set aside.
- Combine the cranberries, raisins, chopped apple flesh, orange juice, butter, nutmeg, vanilla, and orange peel in a medium bowl. Stuff this mixture inside the hollowed-out apples and place in lightly greased oven-proof dish.
- Replace cap on each apple, with a cinnamon stick through the stem opening. Spread any extra stuffing around the apples and bake in preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
Recipe from Co-op supplier Frontier Co-op: https://www.frontiercoop.com/community/recipe/Baked-Cranberry-Apples
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 12/12/17). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!