New Dates Due to Snow
Please join us for the following meetings:
The final Manager meeting of 2017 will be held on Saturday, December 16th at 9:00 am.
The annual General Membership meeting will be held Saturday, December 16th, after the Manager meeting, at 11:00 am at the Co-op. We will be voting on the slate of nominees and the 2018 proposed budget. View agenda & current slate here.
Recalled: Rapunzel brand no added salt vegetable bouillon
if you have product that matches this information please return it to the Co-op for a credit (recalled due to label mistake)
- Rapunzel Bouillon Veg No Salt 12/2.4 oz (33T/594P) 012
- Lot numbers: 112075, 113390, 114805, 116205, 118230 and 119631
- Best Buy dates: 9/10/2018, 11/12/2018, 12/17/2018, 03/04/2019, 05/23/2019 and 7/22/2019
Happy Cow Holiday Delivery Schedule:
Happy Cow will be closed Christmas and New Year’s holidays (Mondays), so the alternate delivery dates for those two days are Saturday, December 22nd and Tuesday, January 2nd.
Please call in any special orders that may not be included on the regular weekly deliveries. Deliveries are generally before Noon but members might call ahead to make sure milk has been processed.
Limited Availability Produce:
Meyer lemons from Orange Grove Plantation, St. Helena, SC and Pecans from Brickyard Point Farm, Lady’s Island, SC
New Feature: We are now including recipes submitted by members. Follow the quick link above to view this part of the update.
Help Wanted Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5%. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed (Officer position – 0% markup): The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Gaia: Orders due by end of day Monday, November 27th.
- Pure Essence: TBD.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: An order was received on Friday, August 11th. Products in freezer.
- Sami’s Bread: Pickup now available for November 13th order.
- Frontier Herbs: December’s fourth Wednesday deadline is Wednesday December 27th.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, December 16th for delivery on Monday, December 18th.
- UNFI: The next ordering deadline is Monday, December 18th. The next delivery date will be December 27th and available Thursday, December 28th.
- Split Creek: We may change to ordering every other month.
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. If all goes as planned, we will receive orders on the last Thursday of the month with the ordering deadline the previous Thursday. See Order deadlines.
We will NOT place an order to Split Creek at the end of November. We may change to ordering every other month. Please email Jackie with any questions – email@example.com.
Recently Restocked Items
- Feta in brine
- Feta in oil with black olives
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball and carton of raspberry Fromage Blanc has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity.
- Fromage Blanc
- Chèvre logs
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Organic Garlic from Cedar Knoll Farm
- Local, fresh ginger is now available from Laurel Horton of Patchwork Garden in Seneca. It is a short season, so get it while you can.
- Curly and Lacinato Kale
- Sweet Potatoes
- French Breakfast Radishes
- Romaine Lettuce
Refrigerator: Grapefruit-Sage Bucha
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- Brussel sprouts
- SoDelicious chocolate mocha bars
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
Meats: we added grass fed ground lamb (already had ground beef and sausage)
Honey: Raw honey in quart jars from Richmond, VA
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Truwhip (in freezer
- Bob’s Red Mill Creamy Rice Hot Cereal (gluten free)
- Bob’s Red Mill Low-Carb bread mix (in cooler)
- Lets Do Organic Coconut Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Corn Flour (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats (GF section)
- Bobs Red Mill GF Vanilla Cake Mix (GF section)
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour (gluten Free section)
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese ( in Freezer)
- Hol-Grain Brown Rice Crackers (gluten Free section)
- Kate’s Butter (in refrigerator)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Farm Cart is no longer open for business. We are working on new local product suppliers.
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-508-0617
- Slippers and Hats
New items go on display the third week of each month
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We have a good supply from 4 suppliers.
- We currently have a good supply of eggs.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Perfect for a homemade holiday gift, and you can find the ingredients at the Co-op!
- 3 1/2 cups OLD FASHIONED rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, preferably UNSWEETENED if you can find it
- 6 Tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup organic syrup (I use Maple Grove from VT)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a very large bowl, including the spices
- Heat the butter, honey and maple syrup in a saucepan until melted. Take off the heat and add the vanilla
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread the granola onto the baking sheets and bake for 75 minutes
- While cooling, sprinkle the dried fruit on top (if desired)
- Cool completely before storing
Recipe from Happily Unprocessed: http://www.happilyunprocessed.com/2013/02/18/homemade-granola/
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Assistant Manager
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick up
Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday, 12/12/17). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!