Dimpflmeier Bread: The order deadline will be April 23rd with shelf availability on May 3rd. Please place orders in the Direct Order book on counter by register. Check here to see what they have to offer, DIMPFLMEIER
We will be placing a MegaFoods order Tuesday, April 24th
Citrus: A new delivery of Kraus Brothers Juices and Fresh Oranges and Grapefruit is in.
SC Asparagus is expected to be delivered at the end of the week.
If you’d like to reserve some, please email Theresa at email@example.com by Wednesday.
Shiitake mushrooms will be restocked tomorrow
Open Volunteer Jobs:
- Happy Cow Pickup/Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. You would use your own vehicle and the markup is 5% if you pick up twice monthly. If you can only pick up one week a month then you would get a 10% markup. If interested please call Lori Pierce on Mondays at the Co-op between 10am-2pm or email
- Friday Day Manager (Weekly): For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
- Cleaning Person to clean the Co-op weekly. For more information, contact Theresa Pizzuto
2018 Membership Renewals: Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2018. The cost is still $24 for the entire year. Thank you for your continued support!
- Krause Brothers Citrus & Juice: We will order when we meet minimum order requirements. Order arrival Thursday, April 12th
- Sami’s Bread: Order will be sent in next week. Monday April 23 for a Thursday delivery April 6th.
- UNFI: The next order deadline will be Monday, April 23rd, available Thursday, May 3rd.
- Happy Cow: The next order deadline will be Saturday, April 21st for delivery on Monday, April 23rd.
- Frontier Herbs:
- Split Creek: An order will be placed as needed. Place your orders in the Direct Order book.
- Dimpflmeier Bread: Order deadline will be Monday, April 23rd for availability on Thursday, May 3rd. Please add wanted products in the Direct Order book.
A-Kite Hill Jalapeño Cream Cheese Style Spread. Dairy free, soy free, gluten free/ A cultured product made with almond milk.
Kite Hill says, “Try jalapeño cream style spread stuffed into peppers or stirred into a veggie dip!”
Gluten-Free: Late July multi-grain chips – gluten free, non GMO
Refrigerated: Redwood Farms Goat Kefir.
Quorn, meatless – soy-free grounds , located in Freezer
ORGANIC PRAIRIE Grass Fed Ground Beef – located in Freezer
2018 Seeds have arrived! Check out the vegetable, flower and herb seeds that arrived last week.
Personal Care shelves are being restocked and rearranged. Many products that seemed to have disappeared are now Back In Stock!
Essential Oils are being ordered through NOW because the caps are easier to open and many cost less than Aura Cacia. Members can still special order any Aura Cacia product via the UNFI direct order binder.
- Happy Cow has Compost to offer! Discontinued until further notice.
- Broccoli Plants from Cedar Knoll Farms
- Frozen Woodstock Corn
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water (placed in freezer)
- All Indigo Wild and Zum wooden balls are sale too!
(Organic or Low Spray)
- Broccoli Plants on Sale
- Kraus citrus fruit, oranages and grapefruits.
- Restocked on Brown Rice Miso
- Assortment of local Kraut and Kimchi
- Split Creek Farm:
- Feta in oil with olives
- Assorted varieties of goat milk fudge
- The cranberry walnut cheese ball has been put in the freezer to preserve integrity
- Blake’s Chicken Pot Pies
- Quorn meatless and soy-free grounds
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream (two flavors Brambleberry Crisp and Whiskey & Pecans).
- Amy’s Pizza Amy’s Cheese Pizza with Cornmeal Crust
- ‘Blake’s Shepherd’s Pie’
- ‘Against the Grain gluten free pizza shells’
- Brussel sprouts
Meats: Organic Prairie grass fed ground beef
- New consignments by Meg! Knitted doll blanket and dresses, and Organic Catnip filled Felted Mice
- We will be placing a MegaFoods order Tuesday, April 24th .
- We can order from Pure Encapsulation, Douglas, Biotics Research, and Endo Met. All of these are supplements that you usually have to purchase through a health care provider.
Modern Forestry Candle Assortment (great for gifts!)
Discontinued Items: To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE.
- Nutiva brand Organic Red Palm Oil 15oz is discontinued from the Co-op shelf; full cases of six jars are still available by special order only.
- Reed’s Cherry Brew beverage has been discontinued by UNFI
- RAPUNZEL BOUILLON,VEGGIE,NO SALT 2.4 OZ by UNFI
- SUNSPIRE CHOC BAR,COCONUT 1.75 OZ by UNFI
- Lucini Italia Artichoke Pasta Sauce by UNFI
- All Rapunzel bouillon cubes, no-salt, sea-salt, and with herbs, by UNFI
- We expect a new delivery of Kraus Brothers Juices and Fresh Oranges and Grapefruit this week which will be available on Thursday, Apr. 12.
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta Spirals
- Brown Rice Miso
Back ordered Items
- None at this time
Split Creek Goat Farms ordering is available again in the Direct Order book. Orders will be placed when we have enough items to fill an order including what we keep in stock. Please email Jackie with any questions—firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk is available for special order.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Compost available Discontinued until further notice.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements. We procure from 4 suppliers.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 864-843-2584).
Dimpflmeier Bread: We have a good supply in the freezer!
A new delivery of Back Roads granola (gluten free) is available.
We now have Late July multi-grain chips – gluten free, non gmo
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Email Jackie Caldwell about Gluten-Free product info.
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
We are trying to determine which pet foods to stock. If you have a preference for pet food you would like to purchase through the co-op, please call (864-506-4345) Frances Chamberlain with your requests.
Monthly Senior Discount Day:
The Co-op offers a 5% discount to seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, April 21st.
To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; however, no markup can go below 0%.
Recipe Submitted: Please submit recipe to:
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Author: Cookie and Kate
Recipe type: Soup
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Creamy, vegan cauliflower soup made with coconut milk and spiced with curry. This healthy, comforting soup is perfect for chilly days.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets, stems chopped
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (depending on preferred spice level, I love spicy so I’d use 3!)
- 1 small lemon, preferably organic, zested (about 1 teaspoon zest)
- ½ cup white wine (like Pinot Grigio)*
- 1½ cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green onions/chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- thinly sliced hot peppers (optional, not shown)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the cauliflower with enough coconut oil to lightly coat it (about 3 tablespoons). Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until the tips of the cauliflower are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, sweat the onion with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and a dash of salt until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the curry paste and lemon zest and stir to incorporate. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add all of the roasted cauliflower stems and half of the florets to the pot. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the soup is warmed through. Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. (Or transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, blending until each batch is smooth. Beware of the steam escaping from the lid.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into 4 bowls. Top each with ¼ of the cauliflower florets, a sprinkle of basil and chives and hot peppers (if using).
- Adapted from The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook. (Great cookbook!)
- *If you want to skip the wine, just proceed to the next step (add the cauliflower and so forth).
- I used Thai Kitchen’s red curry paste for this soup. It’s pretty readily available in grocery stores these days and shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars. Look for it in the Asian food section, near the coconut milk.
Want to Help?
We have need for people to help with the following: Contact Theresa Pizzuto.
- Happy Cow milk pickup
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Split Creek Goat items pick
Calendar 2018 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details. To see the full meeting calendar click here.Enjoy your week!