Senior Discount Day is the 3rd Saturday of the month, this Saturday, May 20th. For details see below.
Gaia Herbs: an order will be placed Sunday June 4th, so any special orders would have to be called in, or in the order book, by Saturday, June 3rd. All products ordered will be 20% off.
Building & Grounds Manager Needed: We are in need of someone to coordinate the building and grounds work for the Co-op. 5% markup. If you are interested or want more information, please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
UPCOMING ORDER DEADLINES & DELIVERIES
- Sami’s Bread: An order will be made as soon as we have enough special orders to help meet the minimum.
- The Farm Cart: Last delivery was Thursday, May 11th. The next order deadline is Saturday, May 20th for delivery on Thursday, May 25th.
- Frontier Herbs: May’s fourth Friday deadline will be Friday the 26th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders will be available for pick up Monday, May 15th. The next order deadline will be Saturday, May 20th.
- UNFI: Special orders will be available for pick up Thursday, May 18th. The next order deadline is Monday, May 22nd for delivery on Thursday, June 1st.
Raw Gouda cheese (cooler)
Bob’s Mill Pancake Mix – Gluten Free
Veggie burgers and sweet potatoes fries (in freezer)
- Freezer: Blakes’s Shepherd’s Pie, Sophie’s Kitchen – Vegan Crab Cakes, Ling Ling Potstickers – Vegetable
- Personal Care: Himalayan Salt Aromatherapy Lamp
- Gluten Free: Real Foods Corn Thins
- Refrigerator: Hope Kale pesto and hummus
- Nature’s Path Heritage O’s cereal is discontinued from the Co-op shelf. It is still available via special order only by the case only
- To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
Suzie’s Organic Saltines
Modern Forestry Candles: Made locally in Easley SC using 100% American grown soy, essential oils and cotton wicks
The most recent order included:
organic strawberries, cabbage and kale. Portabello mushrooms. Organic ginger, pink lady apples. Split Creek goat: feta in brine, feta in oil, and assorted fudge.
Please place special orders in the Direct Order book II if you’d like to reserve particular products from the next delivery.
To see the complete list of products and place special orders please see the Farm Cart tab in Vol. II of the Direct Order Books.
We are now receiving local, organic produce from the Farm Cart. See above for ordering information.
Call Susan Staal with special orders or if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-638-5675
Bulk sourwood honey from Sassafras Mountains is in. Jarred sourwood honey is also available.
We have a new pet food distributor: Phillips Pet Food. There is a catalog / 3 ring binder in the back with the other catalogs. Minimum to place order is $400. Place your orders in the Direct Order binder.
Several new items and brands are in for both cats and dogs: Biscuits, Tartar control, wellness and treats
Coconut Almond Milk Mini Bars
Petite Brussels sprouts
Supplement Reorganization: The supplement shelves have been reorganized to group products by type (vitamins, herbs, etc.) rather than by brand or company. *Please share any feedback or suggestions for improvement with Gale Farrier or Katherine Vinson. To see a complete list of supplements available, click here.
To see supplements listed by BRAND click here
New items go on display the third week of each month
Photo Note Cards: all photos taken by member Meri Barrioz $2 per card come with envelope and protective sleeve
Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk.
When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 843-2584).
Sami’s Bread: Sami’s has changed their disclaimer, which can be viewed in detail here. Next order will happen when the order minimum has been met.
Member feedback requested about Gluten-Free product info:
What products do you like?
Which items did you try and did not like?
What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
Send email about Gluten-Free product info to (email@example.com)
Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
Monthly Senior Discount Day: The Co–op now offers a 5% discount to all seniors age 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on May 20th.To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; no markup can go below 0%.
Special Order Assistance: Ordering assistance is available between noon and 2:00pm on Mondays at the Co–op. If you need help with placing a special order for UNFI or one of our Direct Order Companies, call (864-868-3105) or stop by to speak with Lori Pierce or Theresa Pizzuto. For assistance via email, contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO HELP?? We have need for people to help with the following:Contact Theresa Pizzuto (Theresa.email@example.com).
- Marketing & Communications Manager
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Building maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, etc.)
Health Discussion: Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday 5/9). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co–op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald, firstname.lastname@example.org.