Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Sunshine Bowl with Sunflower Seed Tahini sauce at the bottom of this email
New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
(See photos below)
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Amy’s pizza and bean & cheese burritos, Brazi Bites – Garlic Asiago cheese bread, Brown Cow yogurt, bulk black-eyed peas, long-grain brown rice, chickpeas, dried mangoes & nutritional yeast, assorted dark chocolate, Good Culture cottage cheese, GTS kombucha (cranberry, original), Hampton Acres pimento cheese, Happy Cow milk & cheeses, & unsalted butter, Health-Ade Bubbly Rose Kombucha, Late July saltine crackers, local eggs, Mikoyo’s vegan sharp farmhouse cheese and cream cheese, NOW lecithin granules, Pacific Foods mushroom and vegetable broth, Reeds ginger brew, Rickety Barn fudge (plain, walnut & Rocky Road), So Delicious frozen dipped double chocolate cashewmilk bars, Woodstock frozen broccoli and cut spinach
- Gluten-Free: Good Health gluten-free pretzels, iViva frozen cauliflower grain-free tortillas, RXBars mint chocolate
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – catnip mice are back in stock!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: UT support & Hairball treats, Homeopet nose relief, Castor & Pollux beef bone broth, Wellness gravies
- Supplements: Garlinase, Air-Power, Gaia Echinacea Supreme, Olive leaf, Oil of Oregano & CALM ASAP
- Local Produce: from Cedar Knoll Farm delivered 7/18 – organically grown carrots & butternut squash, Growing Green Family Farms delivered 7/23 – organically grown arugula, cucumbers, green beans, mixed lettuce, green kale, red beets, & green bee, blush & beefsteak tomatoes. DarkSpore blue oyster, black poplar, lion’s mane & shiitake mushrooms delivered 7/23, and Roundtop Farms red turmeric (in the freezer) (see photos below).
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, August 15
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto