Frontier Herb Order Date –
Frontier Herb Co-op notified us they changed our monthly order deadline. It is now the 4th Tuesday of the month, not the 4th Wednesday.
December 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes
2021 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2021. The cost is $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. Thank you for your continued support!
- Personal Care: Infinite CBD cooling salve, capsules and gummies. HempFusion Digestive and Sleep CBD reduced for quick sale.
- Local Produce: from Darkspore Mushroom received 1/28: king oyster, black pearl oyster, blue oyster and shiitake. NC apples (local, not organic) reduced to 53 cents per pound.
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, February 20.
Volunteers needed for a variety of jobs – this is how we run the co-op (no paid employees) Please contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help keep the co-op running. Thanks!
Updated COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
What we ask you to do:
- If you are feeling sick at all (fever or not), Please do not come into the store.
- If you know you have been exposed to COVID-19, DO NOT come into the store. The CDC guidelines call for staying home for 14 days after you’ve been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19. See this link for more information: What to Do If You Are Sick | CDC
- If you cannot or will not wear a mask, we will provide curbside pickup for you in order to keep our managers healthy.
Order Deadlines and Delivery Dates
— The next delivery date is Wednesday, February 3
. The next order date is Monday, February 8
with delivery date of Wednesday, February 17
— The next delivery date is Monday February 1
. The next order deadline is Saturday, February 13
for pickup on Monday, February 15
Sami’s Bread — Please place a special order if you would like us to order from this company again.
Frontier Herbs — Orders due monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month.
|New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
If you are interested in ordering a specific type of produce please contact Theresa to discuss availability.
|Recipes and Health Articles
Coconut Carrot Soup with Shiitake and Spring Onion
The recipe makes a rather mild soup, so for anyone preferring more spicy food I would recommend adding more ginger to the soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Author : Ida Hemmingsson-Hall
- 2 cups water
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp. vegetable stock
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ thumb-size ginger (or more for spicier soup)
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms (halved if large)
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari (or other gluten free soy sauce)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 large bunch cilantro, finely chopped (stems included)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced, half the greens included)
- Juice from one lime
- Start off by doing all the chopping: carrots, cilantro, garlic, ginger, spring onion and mushrooms (if needed).
- Put the water, coconut milk, vegetable stock and chopped carrots in a pot and boil for three to four minutes until the carrots start to soften slightly.
- During these few minutes, stir-fry the mushrooms on medium to high heat in a pan for a couple of minutes together with the water, the tamari, the chopped ginger and garlic. Then remove from the stove, and add the chopped spring onion and the cilantro.
- Transfer the soup (carrots/water/coconut milk) to a food processor, add the garlic and the ginger and run on full speed for half a minute or until completely smooth. Then pour into serving bowls, and add a very generous serving of the mushroom/spring-onion/cilantro mix. Squeeze over some lime and serve immediately.
YIELD: ? servings
Full article here: Coconut Carrot Soup With Shiitake and Spring Onion [Vegan] – One Green Planet