Important Update Regarding Co-op:
We hope you saw our February 10 email regarding the Co-op. Our current landlord has decided to put the building up for sale.
Solgar products have been restocked but some items are still on backorder.
2021 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2021. The cost is $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. Thank you for your continued support!
- Restocked Bulk: Black-eyed peas, King Arthur flour, hibiscus flowers
- Packaged: Aurora apple juice infused cherries;
- Supplements: Quantuum lozenges (bing cherry, elderberry raspberry, meyer lemon & honey); Solgar Calcium Magnesium Citrate (blueberry and orange/vanilla). Other Solgar products restocked but some items still on backorder
- Local Produce: from Growing Green Produce received 2/04: Cabbage, Collards, Romaine Lettuce, Easter Egg Radishes
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to seniors 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, February 20.
Volunteers needed for a variety of jobs – this is how we run the co-op (no paid employees) Please contact Theresa at email@example.com if you’d like to help keep the co-op running. Thanks!
Updated COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
What we ask you to do:
- If you are feeling sick at all (fever or not), Please do not come into the store.
- If you know you have been exposed to COVID-19, DO NOT come into the store. The CDC guidelines call for staying home for 14 days after you’ve been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19. See this link for more information: What to Do If You Are Sick | CDC
- If you cannot or will not wear a mask, we will provide curbside pickup for you in order to keep our managers healthy.
Order Deadlines and Delivery Dates
— The next delivery date is Wednesday, February 17.
The next order date is Monday, February 22
with delivery date of Wednesday, March 3
— The next delivery date is Monday, February 15.
The next order deadline is Saturday, February 27
for pickup on Monday, March 1
Sami’s Bread — Please place a special order if you would like us to order from this company again.
Frontier Herbs — Orders due monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month.
|New, Restocked & Highlighted Products
If you are interested in ordering a specific type of produce please contact Theresa to discuss availability.
|Recipes and Health Articles
Dark Chocolate Date and Nut Truffles
This recipe is a slam-dunk no matter what your skill level. Even nonbakers will have success. We first tasted these creations in San Francisco at the 2011 Arizona Center For Integrative Medicine’s Nutrition & Health Conference. Since this conference, it has become a perennial favorite. Thanks to Rebecca Katz for the recipe! It is great for company since it makes so many truffles.
Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Total Time: minutes
Author : Rebecca Katz
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried apricots or dried cranberries
- 2 ounces dark chocolate with a 64 to 72 percent cacao content, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted and halved Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, or 1/2 teaspoon orange oil (not orange extract)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Soak the apricots or cranberries in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of boiling water. Let stand for 30 seconds. Using a small whisk, stir until the chocolate is completely melted and glossy.
- Coarsely grind the almonds in a food processor, then add the dates, orange zest or oil, salt, and the chocolate and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl; drain the apricots or cranberries well and stir them into the chocolate mixture. Cover and chill for approximately 2 hours, until firm,
- Scatter the coconut on a large plate. Scoop up 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture and into a smooth ball between your palms, then roll into the coconut to coat. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Place all the truffles into an airtight container and chill thoroughly before serving. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Full article here: andrew_weil_chocolate-e-book_recipes_2019.pdf (drweil.com). The Dark Chocolate Date and Nut Truffles recipe is on page 6. The other recipes look delicious also!