We will spread the inventory work over 3 days so we can limit the teams working at one time to 2 teams of 2 people each. Please email Theresa for more information if you can help.
Special Order Pickup and IOU’s
Please pickup your special orders by close of Saturday, December 12 to assist us with our inventory. If you have any IOU’s, please pay them no later than 2 pm on December 12.
Virtual Manager and Annual Membership Meetings; Sat, Dec 12
The final Manager meeting of 2020 will be held on Saturday, December 12 at 9:30 am on Zoom. This will replace the 4th Saturday meetings for November and December.
Members, please calendar and plan to attend the VIRTUAL annual General Membership meeting to be help Saturday December 12 after the Manager meeting, at 11 am on Zoom. We will be voting on the slate for nominees and the 2021 proposed budget. The link and more information will be shared regarding the voting slate prior to the meeting.
Theresa Pizzuto continues to do well with her recovery. Her physical therapist said she is doing better than expected and cut down her splint so it is only on her wrist. She has more flexibility in her fingers and can use her right hand for light activities. For her holiday gift, Theresa hopes her vertebrae will be healed well enough to eliminate her movement restrictions. Yeah!
Until Theresa recovers, please be patient if produce and other items aren’t restocked as usual.
The Co-op needs a cashier to help fill in for Theresa on Thursdays. Other help is appreciated as well especially until Theresa gets back on her feet.
COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
As you know, the cases of COVID-19 have been increasing again in our area. We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy. We will continue to provide you with healthy foods and products to the best of our ability in order to help us all support our nutrition and immune systems.
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we ask you to do:
2020 Membership Renewals
Memberships are due the first time you shop at the Co-op in 2020. The cost has increased to $30 for the entire year, which is still a great deal. This is the first increase in 30 years, and is needed to increase our income. Thank you for your continued support!
See the recipe for Black Poplar Mushroom Ragout at the bottom of this email
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Bulk organic black beans,o rganic dried blueberries, organic cashews, organic coconut, organic carob peanut clusters; Chatfield’s Carob Powder, King Arthur organic White whole wheat flour, Lets Do Organic Unsweetened Coconut, Pacific soups; Happy Cow milk, buttermilk, Butter and cheeses, Brown Cow Whole Milk Yogurt, GTS Kombucha, Kite Hill Sour Cream, Kite Hill Spinach Ravioli, Amys Pizza, Brazil Bites, Woodstock Cut Corn.
- Gluten-Free: Big Spoon Nut Butter Bars (Cherry Pecan and Cranberry Cashew), Bobs Red Mill Pancake Mix, CauliPower Pizza Crust, IViva Cauliflower Tortilla, Larabar (Key Lime and Cherry), Lotus Foods Organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen Noodles, , Ocean’s Halo no soy soy sauce.
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – new knit caps and scarfs!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: Castor & Pollux pristine grain free beef bone broth; Castor & Pollux organic cookies, Human Grade Organics Cookie Pal Ginger and Turmeric Treats, I Love You Chicken and Salmon Jerky Bites.
- Supplements: Gaia Herbs Echinacea Supreme, Quaantum Health Immune support and Immune deficiency, Oblas analgesic salve and aromatherapy oil,; Solgar Calcium products, Echinacea products, Reisha Mushroom, and other products.
- Local Produce: from Dark Spore mushrooms received Dec 3:: Blue Oyster mushrooms, Black Poplar mushrooms, Italian oyster mushrooms, Combstooth mushrooms, Black Pearl King mushrooms.
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, December 19.
Day Managers Needed
(Markup depends on day of week/hours worked)
We are looking for volunteers to be trained as Day Managers (hours depend on day of week). If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Secretary takes minutes at the monthly manager meetings & quarterly general membership meetings, sends out the Weekly Update and all email communications to members & managers. Computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs a plus. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Assistant Manager Needed
(Officer position – 0% markup)
The Assistant Manager assists the General Manager and Associate Manager in management activities and decision-making, serves in the absence of the Assoc. Manager or General Manager as needed, attends Manager, General Membership and agenda-planning meetings and works to gain knowledge of all jobs, policies and procedures associated with the operation of the Co-op. Good organizational, communication and computer skills are required, including basic knowledge of Word and Excel; familiarity with Google Docs, MailChimp and email lists is a plus. You will work closely with the the Associate & General Manager and we will provide training as needed. If you are interested or want to learn more please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Order Deadlines and Delivery Dates
— The next delivery is Wednesday December 9
. The next order date is Monday, December 14
with delivery date of Wednesday, December 23
Happy Cow — The next delivery is Monday December 7. The next order deadline is Saturday, December 19 for pickup on Monday, December 21.
Sami’s Bread — Please place a special order if you would like us to order from this company again.
Frontier Herbs — Orders due monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month.
Albert’s Produce— The next delivery will be made when we can meet the minimum. To place an order or receive information about product/price lists please contact Theresa.