Seed Savers Order
Please place orders for seeds on the Seed Savers page of the direct order book by Friday, January 22. The order will be made January 23. There are catalogs on the produce shelves and in the order book. If you have questions about ordering seeds, please contact Lillian Chabot at 864-246-3328.
Happy Cow Cheese
Happy Cow is now selling cheese made with milk from their own cows. We have in stock their soft mozzarella and feta cheese made from Happy Cow milk. We do not keep all Happy Cow brand cheeses in stock, but you can order them on the page for Happy Cow in the order book. You can also call the Co-op and leave a message with your order before 8 a.m. Monday when Happy Cow orders are placed. Available cheeses include: hard mozzarella, havarti, muenster, provolone, cranberry jalapeno (may be seasonal), cream cheese, gouda, blue cheese crumbles, smoked horseradish, yellow cheddar (white cheddar not available at this time). If you have questions about ordering Happy Cow products, contact Lori Pierce at the Co-op on Mondays between 10-2, or call her at 864-843-2584.
We still have a good supply of Palmetto Harmony CBD oil and salves. Prices have come down significantly on their products.
Theresa Update: We are happy to learn Theresa has recovered enough to work at the Co-op on Thursdays again. Theresa is still recovering from her injuries, so please continue to be patient if produce and other items aren’t restocked as usual. Theresa is very grateful for all of your well wishes and support.
Betty Janzen Memorial: Many of you may remember Betty Jensen. Betty worked at the Co-op about 20 years. She served as Parliamentarian and also worked as cashier on Monday for many years. Betty died in May, 2020 but her family is having a Zoom memorial service in her honor on Saturday, January 23 at 4 p.m. Here is a link to her obituary http://hosting-15851.tributes.com/obituary/show/Betty-Janzen-108483849 If would like to join her memorial service by Zoom, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you the information.
Updated COVID-19 Reminders – We are still following safety protocols
As you know we are still following all of the recommended CDC guidelines for keeping people safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently very short staffed, so in addition to wanting to keep everyone safe and healthy, we also need to be mindful that the co-op operations are in danger of shutting down if our mangers become ill.
Given the recent surge in cases as well as anticipated increases during the winter, and due to the holidays, we want to share a few important reminders:
What we ask you to do:
- If you are feeling sick at all (fever or not), Please do not come into the store.
- If you know you have been exposed to COVID-19, DO NOT come into the store. The CDC guidelines call for staying home for 14 days after you’ve been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19. See this link for more information: What to Do If You Are Sick | CDC
- If you cannot or will not wear a mask, we will provide curbside pickup for you in order to keep our managers healthy.
The rest of the original protocols still apply:
- Wash your hands when you arrive and leave
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet when possible, particularly from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Try to only touch the products you plan to purchase.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- You should also stay home if you have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection.
See the recipe for Amazing Lentils and Kale at the bottom of this email
- Bulk Packaged, Refrig, & Frozen: Bulk organic dry roasted peanuts, sweetened pineapple, pecan halves, raw pumpkin seed, organic pitted prunes, organic seedless thompson raisins; Ancient Organics organic ghee, Bionatura organic strained tomatoes, Chocolove chocolate bars (Extreme and Salted Caramel), Eden organic yellow mustard, Equal Exchange organic hot cocoa; Field Day organic tomato and cilantro salsa, GreenBlack organic dark chocolate bar, HU organic chocolate covered cashew hunks, Late July organic blue corn chips, Nielsen-Massey organic vanilla extract, Traditional Medicinals organic Smooth Move peppermint tea; Brown Cow Cream Top Plain Yogurt; Good Culture Organic Cottage Cheese; GTS Kombucha (Cosmic Cranberry, Gingerade, Original, Trilogy), Happy Cow milk, buttermilk, and eggnog, Happy Cow salted and unsalted butter and cheeses, Health Ade Bubbly Rose Kombucha; Alvaro organic CA style sprouted bread, Birch Benders paleo toaster waffles, Brazi Bites cheese bread (garlic asiago and cheddar parmesan), Woodstock organic dark sweet cherries.
- Gluten-Free: RealFood organic corn thins (Original and Sesame), RXBar mint chocolate bar, Unreal dark chocolate almond butter cups
- Consignments: knitted items by Meg MacArthur – knit caps and scarfs!
- Personal Care: nfuse magnesium deodorant, Alba Organics sunscreen, Clearly Natural unscented liquid hand soap
- Pet Products: Wellness Morsels Cat Food (Chicken and Salmon; Tuna; Turkey and Duck)
- Supplements: Quantum elderberry extract.
- Local Produce: DarkSpore Mushrooms and Growing Greens produce due in on Thursday, Jan 14.
Monthly Senior Discount Day
The Co-Op offers a 5% discount to senior 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on Saturday, January 16.
Volunteers needed for a variety of jobs – this is how we run the co-op (no paid employees) Please contact Theresa at email@example.com if you’d like to help keep the co-op running. Thanks!
Order Deadlines and Delivery Dates
— The next order date is Monday, January 11
with delivery date of Wednesday, January 20
— The next order deadline is Saturday, January 16
for pickup on Monday, January 18
Sami’s Bread — Please place a special order if you would like us to order from this company again.
Frontier Herbs — Orders due monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month.