Monthly Managers Meeting: The June manager meeting will be held this Saturday, June 24th at 9:00am at the Co-op. All are welcome to attend.
Help Wanted: The co-op is in need of a Happy Cow pick Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday. If interested please contact Theresa Pizzuto
Frontier Herbs: June’s fourth Friday deadline is THIS Friday the 23rd.
New Produce: Garlic bulbs, kale, leeks, parsley, shiitake mushrooms & sweet onions.
UPCOMING ORDER DEADLINES & DELIVERIES
- Sami’s Bread: We received a delivery Thursday, May 25th.
- The Farm Cart: We will receive a delivery this Thursday, June 22nd. The next order deadline is Monday, July 3rd for delivery on Thursday, July 6th.
- Frontier Herbs: June’s fourth Friday deadline is Friday the 23rd.
- Happy Cow: Special orders will be available for pick up Monday, June 12th.. The next order deadline will be Saturday, June 17th for. Delivery on June 19th.
- UNFI: We received a delivery Thursday, June 15th. The next order deadline is Monday, June 19th for delivery on Thursday, June 29th.
- Gingerberry Kombucha -48 oz
- Wholly Wholesome G/F pie crusts (in freezer)
- Pacific Organic Refried Black Beans and Pinto Beans
- Good Culture Organic Cottage Cheese (single servings)
- Tantric Turmeric Kombucha
- Local Pecans are at the end of the season
- Natural Value Wax Paper has been discontinued by UNFI
- Bing Cherries have been discontinued by UNFI
Back ordered Items
None at this time
Modern Forestry Candles: Made locally in Easley SC using 100% American grown soy, essential oils and cotton wicks
- Call Theresa Pizzuto if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. email@example.com 864-508-0617
Supplement Reorganization: The supplement shelves have been reorganized to group products by type (vitamins, herbs, etc.) rather than by brand or company. *Please share any feedback or suggestions for improvement with Gale Farrier or Katherine Vinson. To see a complete list of supplements available, click here.
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 843-2584).
- Sami’s Bread: Sami’s has changed their disclaimer, which can be viewed in detail here.Next order will be placed when the order minimum has been met.
- Member feedback requestedabout Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Send email about Gluten-Free product info to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
Monthly Senior Discount Day: The Co-op now offers a 5% discount to all seniors age 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on June 17th.To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; no markup can go below 0%.
WANT TO HELP?? We have need for people to help with the following:Contact Theresa Pizzuto (Theresa.email@example.com).
- Happy Cow pick Delivery Person to pick up milk and cheese from the farm and deliver to the Co-op every other Monday
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker’s Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar: 2017Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details
Spread the Word: The Co-op now has printed business information cards. Please ask for some and pass them out when you tell your friends about us!
Enjoy your week!
Theresa Pizzuto 2017 General Manager