We hope that you are staying healthy and safe. Please read this email for important updates as we work toward keeping our Co-op family as safe as we can.
As of now, our store hours at the Co-op are only reduced on Saturday (we now close at 2:00pm).
Monday & Tuesday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Closed Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Health and safety are all of our responsibilities. We encourage you to practice safety measures at home and when you’re out. Take measures to avoid unnecessary contact with large crowds and confined gatherings of people to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
We are monitoring the situation as it unfolds continuously, and following some extra precautions to keep everyone safe:
As per the new CDC guidelines, we ask that you wear a face mask or covering when you come in to shop
Also, please touch only the products you plan to purchase (as much as it is possible)
What we are doing:
- Managers & cashiers are now wearing face masks/coverings
- Frequent sanitization of all door handles, equipment handles, counters and other surfaces
- Frequent volunteer worker hand washing
- Providing disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues, etc.
- Not working if we’re sick
- Wear a face covering when you come in to shop
- Wash your hands when you arrive and leave, or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet when possible, particularly from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Try as much as possible to only touch products you plan to purchase
- Don’t shake hands with your friends and neighbors. How about waving or a nice Japanese bow?
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Please stay home if you’re exhibiting any symptoms of any kind
- You should also stay home if you have had to take simple medications, such as paracetamol/acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection
- SC DHEC Covid-19 information: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- What you need to know about the coronavirus: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/28/what-you-need-know-about-coronavirus/?arc404=true
- Coronavirus spread simulation: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?itid=sf_coronavirus
- Coronavirus & staying close to one another even with social distancing: https://forward.com/opinion/441490/coronavirus-is-a-test-for-the-government-but-its-a-test-for-us-too/?gamp&fbclid=IwAR0qo5NHOcFWlGQXxkHgPoR69QSSBYrLA8_xmV9En-279TLQE55rzKwdiX4
- Why Social Distancing is important: https://medium.com/@ariadnelabs/social-distancing-this-is-not-a-snow-day-ac21d7fa78b4?fbclid=IwAR3v3zBsWa-89JOnPxbt80Z04v4pIFlbIGaNy1AbVhETTKYTvLLnAI3cc5w
Upstate Food Co-op