May 28, 2017
Monthly Manager Meeting: The May manager meeting will be held this Saturday, May 27th at 9:00am at the Co-op. All are welcome to attend.
Memorial Day Closing: The Co-op will be closed on Monday, May 29th in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. We wish you a safe and healthy holiday!
Back in Stock: Jennie's Macaroons are restocked in the Gluten-Free section
New Produce: Yellow squash, zucchini and garlic cloves
Gaia Herbs: an order will be placed Sunday June 4th, so any special orders would have to be called in, or in the order book, by Saturday, June 3rd. All products ordered will be 20% off.
Building & Grounds Manager Needed: We are in need of someone to coordinate the building and grounds work for the Co-op. 5% markup. If you are interested or want more information, please contact Theresa Pizzuto.
UPCOMING ORDER DEADLINES & DELIVERIES
- Sami's Bread: An order was placed Monday, May 22 and delivery is expected this Thursday, May 25th.
- The Farm Cart: We will receive a delivery this Thursday, May 25th. The next order deadline is Saturday, June 3rd for delivery on Thursday, June 8th.
- Frontier Herbs: May's fourth Friday deadline is Friday the 26th.
- Happy Cow: Special orders will be available for pick up Monday, May 22nd. The next order deadline will be Saturday, May 27th. Delivery on May 29th: due to the holiday, pickup will be on Tuesday, May 30th.
- UNFI: The next order deadline is Monday, May 22nd for delivery on Thursday, June 1st.
- Raw Gouda cheese (cooler)
- Bob's Mill Pancake Mix - Gluten Free
- Veggie burgers and sweet potatoes fries (in freezer)
- Refrigerator: Teriyaki Jackfruit and Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- Freezer: Hope Kale & pesto hummus,Blakes's Shepherd's Pie, Sophie's Kitchen - Vegan Crab Cakes,
Ling Ling Potstickers - Vegetable
- Personal Care: Himalayan Salt Aromatherapy Lamp
- Gluten Free: Real Foods Corn Thins
- Nature's Path Heritage O's cereal is discontinued from the Co-op shelf. It is still available via special order only by the case only
To view the complete list of discontinued items click HERE
Back ordered Items
Modern Forestry Candles:
Made locally in Easley SC using 100% American grown soy, essential oils and cotton wicks
The most recent order included:
organic strawberries, cabbage and kale. Portabello mushrooms. Organic ginger, pink lady apples. Split Creek goat: feta in brine, feta in oil, and assorted fudge.
- Please place special orders in the Direct Order book II if you'd like to reserve particular products from the next delivery.
- To see the complete list of products and place special orders please see the Farm Cart tab in Vol. II of the Direct Order Books.
- We are now receiving local, organic produce from the Farm Cart. See above for ordering information.
- Call Susan Staal with special orders or if you have local produce you would like to sell through the Co-op. firstname.lastname@example.org 864-638-5675
- We have a new pet food distributor: Phillips Pet Food. There is a catalog / 3 ring binder in the back with the other catalogs. Minimum to place order is $400. Place your orders in the Direct Order binder.
- Several new items and brands are in for both cats and dogs: Biscuits, Tartar control, wellness and treats
Coconut Almond Milk Mini Bars
Petite Brussels sproutsSupplements:
The supplement shelves have been reorganized to group products by type (vitamins, herbs, etc.) rather than by brand or company. *Please share any feedback or suggestions for improvement with Gale Farrier or Katherine Vinson
. To see a complete list of supplements available, click here.
To see supplements listed by BRAND click here
New items go on display the third week of each month
Photo Note Cards: all photos taken by member Meri Barrioz
$2 per card come with envelope and protective sleeve
- Good supply of cheese, milk and chocolate milk.
- When placing orders you must place your order before Monday.
- You can call in your order and leave a message. Messages are checked early Monday morning before the order goes in.
- Eggs are stored in the refrigerator by the supplements.
- If you would like to sell eggs through the Co-op please contact Lori Pierce for more information (Mondays at the Co-op or call her at 843-2584).
- Sami's Bread: Sami's has changed their disclaimer, which can be viewed in detail here. Next order will happen when the order minimum has been met.
- Member feedback requestedabout Gluten-Free product info:
- What products do you like?
- Which items did you try and did not like?
- What type of items or brands would you like to see at the Co-op?
- Send email about Gluten-Free product info to (email@example.com)
- Always looking for good suggestions for new gluten free products.
|Monthly Senior Discount Day: The Co-op now offers a 5% discount to all seniors age 65+ on the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next senior discount day will be held on May 20th.To receive the discount please inform the cashier BEFORE you begin your transaction; the discount will not be available after you have already checked out. Your markup will be reduced by 5% for that day; no markup can go below 0%.
Special Order Assistance: Ordering assistance is available between noon and 2:00pm on Mondays at the Co-op. If you need help with placing a special order for UNFI or one of our Direct Order Companies, call (864-868-3105) or stop by to speak with Lori Pierce or Theresa Pizzuto. For assistance via email, contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO HELP?? We have need for people to help with the following:Contact Theresa Pizzuto (Theresa.email@example.com).
Health Discussion: Discussion of health issues at the Clemson Library the 2nd Tuesday each month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend (next meeting Tuesday 5/9). For further information contact Gary at 864-868-0107 or Lori at 864-843-2584.
Input Wanted from Co-op Members:
We have started a monthly Speaker's Forum on Health and Nutrition. We need your feedback! What topics would you like to know more about? Please email your ideas, suggestions to Echo Macdonald, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar: 2017 Board of Directors Meetings Dates (5:30pm) at the Central-Clemson Library: TBD please stay tuned for details
- Marketing & Communications Manager
- Newsletter writers to write short articles for quarterly newsletter.
- Bulk packagers
- Day Managers and Cashiers to work weekly and/or as subs
- Building maintenance (carpentry, plumbing, etc.)
|Spread the Word: The Co-op now has printed business information cards. Please ask for some and pass them out when you tell your friends about us!Enjoy your week!
Theresa Pizzuto 2017 General Manager